The students are selected from various institutions including BITS Pilani, IITs, NITs, Ashoka University, Christ University Bangalore, Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands) and Fergusson College Pune.
Tanuja Joshi | June 27, 2023 | 05:28 PM IST
NEW DELHI: BITS School of Management (BITSoM) has started the academic session for its third cohort starting June 2023 for a two-year residential MBA degree programme on June 26. The class consists of a total of 155 students with 45 percent women students in it.
As per data shared by BITSoM, the enrolment to the two-year residential MBA degree programme shows a nine percent increase in women’s number compared to the previous year. It has 53 percent engineering students and the remaining 47 percent from commerce, business, arts, and sciences. The BITSoM class of 2025 has professionals with diverse degrees like MBBS, BA LLB, CA, CFA, ICWA, Hospitality, and Culinary Arts.
The selection process involved various factors such as CAT, GMAT, GRE scores, extracurricular achievements, work experience, essays, and personal interviews.
These students come from various institutions including BITS Pilani, IITs, NITs, Ashoka University, Christ University in Bangalore, Erasmus University in Rotterdam (Netherlands), Fergusson College in Pune, HR College in Mumbai, Hindu College in Delhi, IHM Delhi, Jindal Global Law School in Sonipat, St Stephen’s College in Delhi, and St Xavier’s College in Kolkata.
According to a BITSoM statement, some of the students include a published patent holder, a national-level tennis player, and fencer, winners of the Smart India Hackathon, a NASA Space App Challenge winner, an Ashoka India Changemaker and published authors.
Ranjan Banerjee, dean and professor of Marketing, at BITSoM, said, "If our students are to be the leaders of tomorrow, then the diversity in our classrooms must mirror the diversity in our nation and the diversity in our consumer base. We are happy that this is moving in the right direction.”
The academic session started with an orientation week on campus. The administration and the student council organized multiple events to engage and integrate with the new cohort. Students will have the opportunity to meet and interact with Kumar Mangalam Birla, the chancellor of BITS Pilani during the Annual Chancellor's Dinner.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.