Prerna Goel|Jan 18, 2022
CAT Exam 2021: What to do if test didn't go well
Don’t lose hope or panic if your CAT exam 2021 didn’t go as well or as expected. Here are some alternatives and options to choose from if you are not expecting a good CAT 2021 score.
NEW DELHI: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad conducted the Common Admission Test (CAT) yesterday, November 28. CAT 2021 difficulty level being moderate, experts predicted that well-prepared candidates have the possibility to score a good CAT percentile.
CAT 2021 College Predictor: Check Cut-Offs and your Admissions Chance in Top B-Schools, Here.
Pursue MBA at UPES. Ranked Top 50 in NIRF | Selection process from 1st – 4th Feb. CAT/XAT/MAT/NMAT score accepted. Apply Now
Application Open for PGPM/PGDM @ Great Lakes. Click here to Register.
ITM, Navi Mumbai is one Among the Top Business Schools in India. Click Here to Apply Now
If any candidate feels that they might not be able to get a good CAT 2021 score, there is no need to worry or feel demotivated. There are a number of options to choose from.We list below some alternatives for MBA aspirants who feel they didn’t do well in CAT 2021 and might not score a decent CAT percentile.
What to do if CAT exam 2021 was not up to the mark
Candidates can opt for the below alternatives if their CAT 2021 entrance did not go as planned:
- IIMs accepting low CAT 2021 percentile
- Non IIMs accepting low CAT 2021 scores
- Other MBA entrance exams
- Other ways to get into IIMs
IIMs accepting low CAT score 2021
If you think that your chances of getting into the top IIMs are low because of your CAT score, then aim for other IIMs like IIM Ranchi, IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Shilong, etc. who have have a lower cutoff eligibility. Do a thorough research and check the CAT cut off and admission criteria of the various different IIM if not the top IIMs.
New IIMs accepting low CAT 2021 percentile
New Baby IIMs
Non IIMs accepting low CAT 2021 scores
There are many B-schools you can get into based on your percentile other than IIMs. There are many well reputed business schools which accept scores lower than 40 percentile.
B-Schools accepting low CAT percentile (Non-IIMs)
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Ahmedabad
New Delhi Institute of Management, New Delhi
Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
Veltech Business School, Chennai
Universal Business School, Raigad
Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram
School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad
Other MBA entrance exams
Candidates can explore other opportunities in business schools by opting in for a different entrance exam. Some options that the students have are:
Other ways to get into IIMs
If candidates are aiming to get into IIMs, then doing MBA after giving CAT is not the only option they have. Following are some alternatives that candidates wanting to get into IIMs can choose from:
- Admission into integrated MBA after class 12th: Exams like GMAT and JIPMAT, which can even be taken directly after clearing class 12th, can get you admission into various IIM programmes
- Do an online course: Candidates wanting to get into IIMs can even opt for an online course. IIms offer various online courses for different programmes on platforms like edX, their official website or different e-platforms. These courses have the added advantage of being certificate/diploma courses; a certificate or a diploma from an IIM is considered very prestigious.
- Opt for IMP: Integrated Management Programme (IPM) can be pursued, even right after 12th. Candidates going in for this option can study five year integrated courses. They will have the opportunity to get two degrees in future.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.