Vagisha Kaushik|Dec 1, 2023
CBSE invites applications for single girl child scholarship 2023; eligibility criteria
Eligible students can apply for scholarship or renewal on the official website, cbse.gov.in. The last date to apply is October 18.
NEW DELHI: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has invited online applications for single girl child scholarship 2023 and renewal scholarship awarded last year. Eligible students can apply for the scholarship by October 18 on the official website, cbse.gov.in.
Latest: JEE Main 10 years' papers
Under the scholarship scheme, students will get Rs 500 per month. All single girl students, who have secured 60 percent or above in class 10 exam and are studying in Class 11 and 12 and whose tuition fee is not more than Rs 1,500 per month are eligible for the scholarship. Further, the eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The scholarship will be awarded to Indian nationals only.
- The student must continue her school studies in Class 11 and 12 in school
- Candidate who have passed CBSE Class 10 exam in 2023 will be considered.
- A scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying other organizations.
How are candidates selected:
- Student should have passed Class 10 exam from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks.
- For Renewal : Should have received CBSE Single Girl Child Merit Scholarship last year and should be a student of CBSE in Class 11 in the previous year and have scored 50% or more marks in Class 11I and promoted to Class 11.
- Pursuing Class 11 and 12 from CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Girl student should b the only child of their parents.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs 1,500 per month in Class 10 and 10% enhancement for Class 11 and 12.
- All the applications must be verified from the present school where the student is studying. In case applications are not verified the same will be rejected. The facility of processing the application is provided to school where the candidate is studying.
How to apply for CBSE single girl child scholarship 2023?
- Visit the CBSE official website, cbse.gov.in.
- Click on the main website link
- Now, click on here to apply besides the public notice
- Candidates will be redirected to another page
- Now, click on the link to apply and fill the application form
- Pay the fee and upload the documents
- Download the application form and take a print out
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.