DU Admission 2022: How will St Stephen’s College, JMC, other minority colleges offer admissions

DU Admission 2022: Both St Stephen’s College, Jesus and Mary College (JMC) are minority colleges that reserve 50% of their seats for Christian students.

DU Admission 2022: How will St Stephen’s College, JMC, other minority colleges offer admissions Delhi University's St Stephen’s College
Anu Parthiban | Apr 5, 2022 - 9:12 p.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI: 85% of the marks for admission to DU minority colleges will taken from Common University Entrance Test (CUET 2022), the Delhi University Vice Chancellor Yogesh Singh today clarified while announcing the DU admission policy. St Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College (JMC) had recently written to the DU VC seeking clarity on the admission process, in the wake of the CUET becoming mandatory for admission to undergraduate courses from this year.

Recommended : Get important details about St Stephens College, Delhi. Download Brochure

Also read | Delhi University announces DU admission policy; Know eligibility for BA, BSc, other courses

The DU VC Yogesh Singh said that in the 50% seats reserved for minority colleges, 85% of the marks for admission will be taken from CUET and the remaining 15% will be decided by the colleges. Admission to non-reserved 50% seats will be purely on the basis of CUET scores, he said.

Both St Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College (JMC) are minority colleges that reserve 50% of their seats for Christian students. Both colleges used to issue their separate cut-offs for admission while St Stephen’s also used to carry out interviews.

The DU’s statutory bodies had also stated earlier that admissions to minority institutions, such as these two, too will be done through the CUET only.

Also read | CBSE term 1 weightage for Class 10, 12 reduced to 30%? Fake notice circulating on social media

During counselling, separate merit lists will be generated for unreserved and minority candidates as per the reservation policy of such colleges, they said, as per the PTI report.

St Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College are two of the Christian minority institutes under Delhi University. The four Sikh minority colleges under the Delhi University are Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College of Commerce, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, and Mata Sundri College for Women.


Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..

To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.

Know More About
  • Rating
    4.6/5
Download Brochure
Back to top