Vagisha Kaushik|Nov 26, 2022
IGNOU revamps MBA programme; takes in top academicians from management institutions
Candidates can apply for IGNOU’s MBA programme before September 9 at ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in, ignouiop.samarth.edu.in.
NEW DELHI: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has restructured its MBA programme to meet industry and employment requirements. The University has added top academicians from management institutions and practitioners keeping in view the curriculum of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Candidates can apply for admission on the official admission website before September 9.
Giving details of the restructured MBA Programme, Professor NayantaraPadhi, Programme Coordinator (MBA), School of Management Studies, IGNOU shared “In order to meet the industry as well as employment market requirements, the management faculty has completely restructured the MBA programme. The restructuring was done with the involvement of some of the top academicians from premier management institutions and practitioners, keeping in view the AICTE model curriculum”.
8 points on the new MBA programme:
1. MBA programmes offered by IGNOU are AICTE recognized programmes at par with the MBA programmes offered by conventional universities and MBA institutes of repute.
2. The university offers the MBA programme in five specializations: Human Resource Management, Financial management, Operations Management, Marketing Management and Services Management. These programmes are offered both in distance and online modes.
3. Admissions to these programmes are quite easy as there is no need to qualify any entrance examination. Any graduate (minimum 3 years duration) with 50% marks (45% for reserved category) can directly join the programme. There is no requirement of prior experience either.
4. Duration of the programme is minimum 2 years and maximum up to 4 years. The programme is offered semester-wise and each of the four semesters has got seven courses. The total credits of the programme are 116.
5. Course fees are very affordable – Rs 15,500 per semester.
6. The learners get the benefit of counseling from academic counselors spread across the country. They can access the electronic course materials, as well as the printed ones. Apart from these, they can watch interactive video lectures through the GyanDarshan channel and listen to interactive lectures through FM channel (Gyan Vani).
7. All the courses have been completely revised and are up-to-date with the latest theories, facts and figures.
8. The programme is structured in such a way that it is beneficial to fresh graduates for getting employment, while working professionals get the benefit of value addition in terms of knowledge and application of the same. It is an attractively designed programme, when it comes to life-long learning.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.