IIM Sambalpur's 9th MBA batch is 60% female

IIM Sambalpur: In the 9th MBA batch, 197 seats out of 329 students have been occupied by female students and 132 seats by male students.

IIM Sambalpur's 9th MBA batch is 60% female IIM Sambalpur inaugurates its 9th MBA batch (Image Source: Official Website)
Tanuja Joshi | Jul 10, 2023 - 5:32 p.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sambalpur, inaugurates its 9th MBA batch for the academic years 2023-2025, as the largest batch in the institute's history. With a total of 320 students, the institute has increased its intake from 300 students last year.

Recommended : Get important details about IIM Sambalpur. Download Brochure

IIM Sambalpur saw 60% of enrollment of female students in the new batch ie. 197 seats out of the 329 total seats. The remaining 40% of the seats (132 seats) have been secured by male students.

The institute aims to deliver a tech-based learning experience for its students. It stated that the new batch will benefit from comprehensive tech-enhanced learning methodologies.

ALSO READ| IIM Sambalpur Convocation 2023: 322 MBA graduates of 6th, 7th batches get degrees

IIM Sambalpur organized an inauguration ceremony for inducting the 9th MBA batch today. The event was attended by Tapan Kumar Chand, president of Vedanta Ltd including Swati Agarwal, partner at Deloitte, and Shivani Sharma.

Mahadeo Jaiswal, director of IIM Sambalpur welcomed the largest batch in the institute's history and said: “At IIM Sambalpur, we focus on three core values that are innovation, integrity, and inclusiveness which are based on the teachings of the Hindu deities - Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh.”

ALSO READ| IIM Sambalpur Placement 2023: Highest domestic package stands at Rs 64.61 lakh, 147 % higher than last year

“The three lines in IIM Sambalpur’s logo depict those three Is in the form of famous Sambalpuri handloom design. These are the three core values if focused can help Indian B-schools to rank globally. Going forward I believe that these values will be the differentiating factor in the learning journey of the incoming batch. I hope this transformative educational experience for the students will bring about a bigger societal impact in future,” the IIM Sambalpur director further added.

Swati Agarwal, partner at Deloitte, shared her insights on the concept of IPL in management, which stands for Impact, Purpose, and Leadership.

Disclaimer: This content was distributed by the Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur and has been published as part of Careers360’s marketing initiative.

Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..

To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.

Know More About
  • NIRF Rank
  • Rating
  • Q&A
Download Brochure
Back to top