IIM Shillong hosts TEDx 2023 under the theme 'The Evolution and Significance of Communities'
IIM Shillong secured a scholarship to attend the prestigious TEDGlobal Conference in Rio, Brazil in 2014.
NEW DELHI: Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Shillong hosted TEDx, a platform where the speakers shared their ideas, under the theme 'Solitude to Solidarity: The Evolution and Significance of Communities,' which delved into the pivotal role of communities in shaping society, fostering innovation, and promoting resilience.
The institute has a long-standing tradition of hosting the TED talks. “In 2014, an achievement by an IIM Shillong student saw them secure a scholarship to attend the prestigious TEDGlobal Conference in Rio, Brazil, setting the stage for the institution's continued engagement with TED,” the institute said.
“TEDx IIM Shillong 2023 extended an open invitation to attendees to embrace the diversity of ideas that communities inspire and discover the profound influence communities wield in igniting inspiration, driving positive change, and encouraging individuals to express their unique selves,” the official statement said.
TEDx IIM Shillong 2023
The speakers at TEDx IIM Shillong 2023 included:
- Sunita Bhuyan: Indian violinist, HR professional, music maestro, consultant, and teacher, “who instills wellness, leadership, and change through the medium of music”.
- AVM Kaushik Chatterjee: A Principal Medical Officer in the Eastern Air Command of the Indian Air Force, who is also a psychiatrist, researcher, and professor.
- Subhajit Mukherjee: An environmentalist credited with driving the mass movement of 'Tree Plantation' in and around Mumbai. His efforts have led to the planting of over 63,000 trees and earning him the title of 'The Green Man of Mumbai.'
- Swasti Saraogi: A sustainability strategy expert currently working as a Growth Lead at Robin Hood Army.
- Shyamal Datta: A photographer recognized among the 101 World's Best Photographers in the International Portrait Photography Award 2023.
- Atsi Jamir: The founder and owner of Farmer Square Café in the Dimapur district of Nagaland, informally known as the "Coffee Lady of Nagaland," offering freshly ground coffee to customers amid an eco-friendly, pristine environment.
- Harsh Pamnani: A business storyteller, branding consultant, and author of two best-selling books. He is also a TEDx speaker and has delivered seven talks on various topics related to branding and storytelling.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.