IIT Kanpur Placement 2021-22: Placement rises 150%; highest offer USD 2.87 lakh

IIT Kanpur Placements: Students got 49 offers carrying salaries above Rs 1 crore. The second phase will begin in January.

IIT Kanpur Placement 2021-22: Placement rises 150%; highest offer USD 2.87 lakh Kanpur IIT Placement 2021-22: Placement rises 150%; highest offer USD 2.87 lakh
Abhiraj P | Dec 22, 2021 - 7:05 p.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur placement season 2021-22 first phase ended on December 15, 2021, with the students receiving 1,300 offers, including 47 international offers. Of these, 1,100 offers were accepted by the IIT Kanpur students. The placement drive, which began on December 1 was conducted in online mode, said a statement from IIT Kanpur.

Recommended : Get important details about IIT Kanpur. Download Brochure

IIT Kanpur has noted a 150 percent increase in placement compared to the previous year placement. IIT Kanpur students were also offered 207 pre-placement offers (PPOs), out of which 156 were accepted.

Also read | PM Modi to address IIT Kanpur's 54th convocation on December 28; invites suggestions

IIT Kanpur highest package

The highest package received by IIT Kanpur until now is USD 2,87,550. This was received by an IIT Kanpur student as an international offer. Among domestic offers, the highest package was Rs 1.2 crore.

Also read | IIT Bombay Placements Phase-1 2021: 1,382 offers, highest domestic package at Rs 1.68 crore

IIT Kanpur witnessed as many as 49 offers that amounted above Rs. 1 crore. This is the highest IIT Kanpur has received so far, said the statement from the institute.

Also read | IIT Madras gets record high placements this year

Many reputed companies participated in the Kanpur IIT placement drive. “The top recruiters during the IIT Kanpur placement 2021 were Axtria, EXL, Graviton, Goldman Sachs, ICICI Bank, Intel, Microsoft, OLA, Rubrik, Samsung, Quadeye, Uber, Tiger Analytics, among others,” said the press release.

Also read | IIT Kharagpur placements: highest with more than 20 offers on the scale of Rs 1 crore.

More than 80 percent of students of IIT Kanpur have been placed. Among them, about 69 percent are students pursuing the undergraduate programme. The remaining 31percent of students who got placed are postgraduates. The second phase of the IIT Kanpur placement season is scheduled to begin in January.

Also read | IIT Bhubaneswar placement 2021: 55% of BTech students get top placements in 3 days

Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..

To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.

Know More About
  • NIRF Rank
  • Rating
  • Q&A
Download Brochure
Back to top