Press Trust of India|Jan 18, 2022
IIT Kharagpur to offer free online programme on Internet of Things
IIT Kharagpur will offer the 12-week online programme on NPTEL platform from January 24 to March 15, 2022.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has introduced a free online programme on Internet of Things (IoT) which will be offered from January 24 to March 15, 2022.
While the duration of the online course is 12 weeks, the course will be offered on the National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) platform.
While the programme is open for everyone, students with a background in Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Industrial Engineering should apply for the course. Participants also need to have a basic knowledge of programming.
While the online programme is free, the students wishing for a certificate will have to register and appear for an examination conducted by the institute at any one of the exam centres.
The exam will be optional and charge a fee of Rs 1,000 and the students will get an e-certificate. Students will receive a certificate only if they get an average assignment score of 10 out of 25, and an average exam score of 30 out of 75.
Exam will be conducted on April 23, 2022. Morning session will be held from 9am to 12 noon and afternoon session from 2pm to 5pm.
Sudip Misra, professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kharagpur will be the instructor of the programme.
- Introduction to IoT: Sensing, Actuation, and Basics of Networking.
- Communication Protocols.
- Sensor Networks.
- Machine-to-machine Communications.
- Interoperability in IoT, introduction to Arduino programming: Integration of Sensors and Actuators with Arduino.
- Introduction to Python programming and Raspberry Pi, and implementation of IoT with Raspberry Pi.
- Introduction to SDN, SDN for IoT.
- Data Handling and Analytics, and Cloud Computing.
- Fog Computing, Smart Cities and Smart Homes.
- Connected Vehicles, Smart Grid, and Industrial IoT.
- Case Study: Agriculture, Healthcare, and Activity Monitoring.
Students can find more details about the course and apply on onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in/noc22_cs53/preview.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.