Divyansh|Dec 6, 2023
IIT Madras extends date for Tech for Tomorrow Awards 2023 till November 10
Corporate or their CSR foundation can apply for the ‘India 20247 Technology for Tomorrow’ IIT Madras CSR Award 2023.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Madras) has extended the deadline for ‘India 20247 Technology for Tomorrow’ IIT Madras CSR Award 2023 till November 10. Applicants apply for the award on the official website, acr.iitm.ac.in/csrawards.
IIT Madras said the initiative aims at recognising and honouring the project of companies that focuses on creating technology and research to create a sustainable and scalable social impact.
Who can apply
The IIT Madras will accept applications of projects that use technology for impactful, sustainable, scalable and socially-relevant initiatives. The projects which are eligible for applying should be funded under the corporate social responsibility or philanthropic grant.
The awards will have two categories – Category A for companies with turnover above 2,000 crore or their respective foundation arms and
Category B for companies with turnover below 2,000 Cr or their respective foundation arms.
The IIT Madras said the turnover data should pertain specifically to an individual company rather than the entire group.
Themes that will be accepted
- Agricultural advancement and food security
- Artificial intelligence and internet of things for societal betterment
- Conservation and biodiversity
- Energy and renewable Resources
- Environmental stewardship including solutions in waste management, circular economy and water conservation
- Innovations in telemedicine, health apps, Al-driven health diagnostics, assistive devices.
- Skill development and educational empowerment
- Sports and physical activity
- Urban and infrastructure innovation including smart city solutions
- Women empowerment through Technology.
The IIT Madras will set up an expert panel which will assess the submitted projects on the basis of ‘social impact’, ‘scalability’, and ‘sustainability’. The university said that ‘innovation’ is a desired parameter.
In the ‘social impact’, the panel will analyse how many people have witnessed a positive impact due to the initiative. They will check the long-term viability, financial, environmental, social, of the solution under ‘sustainability. The potential of the technology to be replicated or scaled up in different regions or contexts will be checked in the ‘scalability’ criteria.
Under the ‘innovation’ parameter, the project will be reviewed for originality of the technology or solution, improvement over existing solutions and focus on scientific research on new solutions.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.