Ishita Ranganath|Jan 27, 2023
IMT Ghaziabad PGDM students placed with highest stipend at Rs 3.5 lakh
IMT Ghaziabad Placement: Top recruiters are Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, TATA Capital, Dell Technologies, ICICI Prudential, etc.
NEW DELHI: The Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad successfully concluded its summer placement for the post graduate diploma in management (PGDM) batch 2021-23 with a 40 percent increase in the average stipend. While the highest stipend received by a PGDM student is Rs 3,50,000, the average and median stipend is Rs 85,000 and 60,000 respectively. The average of the top 10 and 20 percent of the batch is Rs 2.40 lakh and Rs 1.95 lakh respectively for 2-months.
Over 120 companies participated in IMT Ghaziabad’s summer recruitment process with more than 40% new recruiters. The top recruiters include Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, Piramal, Goldman Sachs, Pernod Richard, TATA Capital, Dell Technologies, Crompton Greaves, ICICI Prudential, Saint Gobain, Capgemini, Credit Suisse, Amazon, Abott, Avalon Consulting etc.
Sectors like Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Fast-moving Consumer Goods ( FMCG), Consumer Durable, IT or ITES, Manufacturing and Engineering and Ed-tech or Education sectors gave more than 75% offers. The top roles for which students have been hired are Market Research, Corporate Marketing, Sales, Product Manager, Digital Marketing, Global Management, Analytics, Tech Analyst, Consulting, Credit Risk, Investment Banking, Equity Research, Corporate Treasury, Portfolio Manager, Wealth Management, Project Management, Program Management, and General Management etc.
- The BFSI sector had the highest number of offers this year, seeing participation of organizations like BNY Mellon, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Macquarie and ICICI Bank etc.
- The FMCG sector saw a steady rise in the number of offers with students being placed in companies like Marico, Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting, Nivea, SC Johnson, TATA Consumer Products etc.
- IT, ITES was the leading sector in terms of number of offers, including participation from firms such as Cisco, Microsoft, Google, MAQ Software, Dell Technologies etc.
- PGDM - While the highest stipend is Rs 3,50,000, the average stipend remained Rs 88,400 this year.
- PGDM Dual Country Programme (DCP) - The highest stipend is Rs 1,74,000 whereas the average stipend is Rs 68,300.
- PGDM Banking and Financial Services (BFS) - The highest stipend irs Rs 2 lakh while the average stipend is Rs 66,424.
Renu Misra , Head Corporate Relations, IMT Ghaziabad said, “Summer internship is an integral part of our curriculum at IMT Ghaziabad, where students take up a corporate internship in varied sectors across specialization..Apart from the regular hiring process many companies hire interns through engagement activities like B-School competitions and case study contests etc..”
Sharing his experience, Archit Sareen, a student of PGDM full-time programme at IMT Ghaziabad said, “I got a chance to intern at Microsoft as an Account Management Intern in the summer of 2022. I would like to express my gratitude to the Placement Committee at IMT Ghaziabad for providing me this opportunity. The placement process conducted by the team was highly efficient and attracted a lot of reputed companies. Plus, the support they provided in the whole process- right from the CV preparation to mock GDs and personal interviews was very helpful during the final selection rounds.”
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.