Alivia Mukherjee|Dec 4, 2023
NTA CSIR NET result 2023 date soon; percentile, normalisation process
CSIR NET 2023 Result: Over two lakh candidates await CSIR result NET 2203. The csirnet.nta.nic.in website will host the result.
NEW DELHI: The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to declare the CSIR NET result 2023 for the joint CSIR NET December 2022 and June 2023 session soon. When announced, candidates can check CSIR NET 2023 result on the csirnet.nta.nic.in website. The CSIR NET 2023 exam was held between June 6 and June 8 and 2,74,027 candidates appeared for the CSIR NET December 2022- June 2023 exam online from 426 exam centres across the country.
NTA already issued the CSIR NET 2023 answer keys and gave the candidates provision to raise grievances against the answer key of Joint CSIR-UGC NET examination December 2022 – June 2023 exam by June 16. The NTA CSIR NET result 2023 will now be announced on the basis of the final answer key.
NTA CSIR NET 2023: Percentile and normalization procedure
- Since the CSIR NET exam is held in multiple shifts, NTA will follow a normalisation process to arrive at the scores.
- In case a subject test is conducted in multi-shifts, the testing agency said, NTA score will be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by a candidate. The calculated NTA score for the raw marks for all the shifts and sessions will be merged for further processing for deciding the allocation.
- If the percentiles for the multi-shift papers are unequal, the lowest will be the eligibility cut-off for that category for all candidates (all shifts)
- Percentile scores are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appear for CSIR NET 2023.
- The marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each session of examinees.
- The CSIR NET percentile score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored equal to or below (same or lower raw scores) that particular percentile in that examination.
- Therefore, the topper (highest score) of each session will get the same percentile of 100 which is desirable. The marks obtained in between the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate percentiles.
- The NTA CSIR NET percentile score will be the normalized score for the examination (instead of the raw marks of the candidate and will be used for preparation of the merit lists.
- The CSIR NET 2023 percentile scores will be calculated up to seven decimal places to avoid bunching effect and reduce ties.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.