Sonia Vats|Mar 2, 2021
NEET PG 2021: NBE releases brochure with 5 major changes at nbe.edu.in
NEET PG 2021 application form will be available from February 23 at 3 PM to 11:55 PM of March 10, 2021, at nbe.edu.in.
NEW DELHI: The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has released the information brochure for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-graduate (NEET-PG) at nbe.edu.in. The official bulletin of NEET PG 2021 has five major changes which include a hike in the NEET PG 2021 application form, reduction in the total number of questions and marks obtained in the exam, increase in the number of test centres, changes in the exam schedule and deduction in the factors for tie-breaking criteria.
The application form of NEET PG 2021 will be available from today, February 23 at 3 PM. Eligible candidates can fill and submit the application form till March 15, 2021, up to 11:55 PM. NEET PG 2021 will be held on April 18 for admission to 10,821 Master of Surgery (MS) seats, 19,953 Doctor of Medicine (MD) seats, and 1,979 PG Diploma seats offered by 6,102 government, private, deemed and central universities.
NEET PG 2021: Important Dates
Candidates must check the important dates of NEET PG 2021 from the table given below.
NEET PG 2021 Dates
NEET PG application form 2021
February 23, 2021
Last date to fill the application form
March 15, 2021
NEET PG correction window
March 19 to 21, 2021
Final edit window to rectify incorrect images
Apri 2 to 4, 2021
Admit card release date
April 12, 2021
NEET PG exam
Apirl 18, 2021
NEET PG 2021 result
By May 31, 2021
NEET PG 2021 Changes
As mentioned above, the brochure of NEET PG has been released with five major changes which are as follows:
- Hike in the application fee: The examination fee for NEET PG 2021 has been increased from Rs. 3,750 to Rs 5,015 (including GST) for general aspirants, while SC/ST and PwD candidates’ fee has been increased from Rs 2,750 to Rs 3,835 (including GST).
- An increase in the number of exam centres: The entrance exam of NEET PG 2021 will now be held at 255 exam centres. Earlier, the total number of exam centres were 165.
- Reduction in the number of questions and total marks obtained: As per the information brochure, the total number of questions asked in the NEET PG exam has been reduced to 200, which was earlier 300. Therefore, the maximum number of marks to be obtained in the exam has also been reduced from 1200 to 800.
- Changes in the exam timings: The entrance exam which was earlier conducted from 3 PM to 7 PM will now be conducted from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Deduction in the number of tie-breaking criteria factors: For NEET PG 2021, the number of factors to be considered to resolve a tie-breaker has been reduced to four which was earlier eight. In a situation where two or more candidates secure the same marks, the authorities will now only consider factors such as more number of correct responses, less number of negative responses, older candidate and higher aggregate marks (in percentage).
Who can fill NEET PG 2021 application form?
Medicos can check the basic eligibility criteria to register for NEET PG 2021.
Aspirants must possess a provisional or permanent MBBS degree certificate issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI - now National Medical Commission).
They must have a permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by NMC or State Medical Council (SMC).
Aforementioned, candidates must have completed their one-year internship on or before June 30, 2021.
It is mandatory to have Aadhaar Card to apply for the NEET PG exam.
Write to us at news@careers360