Divyansh|Sep 20, 2023
QS World Rankings 2023: IIT Guwahati ranks 2nd in petroleum engineering; Overall 8th domestically
IIT Guwahati has jumps rankings in 6 subjects as compared to last year. IITG CSE ranks in 251-300 range globally. Ranks 222nd in global engineering rankings.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) has ranked 2nd in India and 51-100 globally for petroleum engineering course. Overall, the institute has ranked 8th domestically.
Compared to previous year, IIT Guwahati has managed to improve rankings in 6 of its programmes. IIT Guwahati has ranked 222nd best engineering and technology discipline in the world. The institute has ranked between 201-250 in chemical engineering, mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering, electrical and electronics engineering.
The computer science and information systems has ranked in the 251-300 area. Meanwhile, chemistry, physics and astronomy and natural science rank in top 380. Other subjects such as biological sciences, mathematics, environmental studies, civil engineering and economics and econometrics have secured a ranking in the global index.
QS uses five key metrics to compile the subject rankings, following are the scores IIT Guwahati secures based on the indicators-
- Academic reputation- Performed best in engineering- mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing, scoring 65.9.
- Employer reputation- IIT Guwahati performed best in mathematics, in which it scored 67.5.
- For Citations per paper- Here research quality is measured, environmental science scores best with 88.6.
- H-index- Measures research impact and productivity, petroleum engineering was the best with 78.7 scores.
- International research network- IITG performed best in computer science and information systems, in which it scored 53.7.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.