Vagisha Kaushik|Nov 16, 2023
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist exam 2024 notification out; registration begins at upsc.gov.in
UPSC CGSE 2023: Eligible candidates can apply for preliminary exam by October 10. Know number of vacancies, steps to apply.
NEW DELHI: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for Combined Geo-Scientist exam 2024. The commission has started the registration process for the preliminary exam on the official website, upsc.gov.in. Eligible candidates can apply for the exam by October 10. UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Main exam 2024 will be held on June 22, 2024.
Applicants will be allowed to edit their application form between October 11 and October 17. Candidates are required to pay a registration fee of Rs 200. Female candidates and applicants belonging to the SC, ST, and Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are exempted from fee payment.
The exam will be held in three stages:
- Stage-I : Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) exam (objective type) having two papers for selection of the candidates for the main exam. Marks secured in the prelims exam will be counted for deciding the final merit.
- Stage-II : Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) exam (descriptive type) having three papers for selection of candidates for the personality test (stage-III). Marks secured in the main examination will be counted for deciding the final merit.
- Stage-III: Personality test or interview
Through the exam, UPSC will recruit candidates for the following posts
Category 1: Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines
Geologist, Group A
Geophysicist, Group A
Chemist, Group A
Category 2: Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’
Scientist ‘B’(Chemical ) Group ‘A’
Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’
How to apply for UPSC CGSE 2024?
- Visit the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link "Exam Notification: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2024"
- Read the notification and click on the link to apply
- Candidates will be redirected to another page
- Fill the application form and pay the registration fee
- Review the details and submit the form
- Take a print out of the application form for future reference
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.