Anu Parthiban|Sep 14, 2023
UPSC CSE 2023 prelims today; admit card details, marking scheme
UPSC CSE 2023 IAS Prelims Exams: Candidates must take the UPSC CSE 2023 admit card along with a valid photo ID card.
NEW DELHI: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the preliminary exams of Civil Services Examination (CSE) today, May 28. The UPSC IAS 2023 exams will be held in two shifts -- first in the morning and second in the afternoon. Candidates must take the UPSC CSE 2023 admit card along with a valid photo ID card. The upsconline.nic.in is hosting the admit card of UPSC IAS 2023.
While paper 1 will be held for general studies papers, paper 2 will be connected for CSAT. CSAT is qualifying in nature and the marks obtained in the general studies paper will determine selection for UPSC Mains.
UPSC CSE 2023 marking scheme
Each question in the UPSC CSE prelims exam, GS paper 1 will be asked for two marks while it is 2.5 marks each per question in GS paper 2.
One-third of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer as a negative marking.
Candidate attempting more than one answer will also be considered wrong and negative marks will be cut.
There will be no penalty for questions left unattempted.
Candidates will have to score a minimum of 33% to qualify GS paper 2, or CSAT.
How to Download UPSC CSE 2023 Admit Card
- Go to official website of UPSC -- upsconline.nic.in
- Click on ‘e-admit cards for various examinations of UPSC’
- Click on the e-admit card link given on the page to download UPSC IAS 2023 admit card
- Read the UPSC instructions carefully and click on ‘Yes’ button
- Enter registration number/roll number of UPSC IAS and the date of birth followed by captcha code
- Use the download link to avail the admit card of IAS displayed on the screen
- Save and print a copy of UPSC admit card 2023
UPSC IAS is one of the several services allotted to an aspirant qualifying UPSC CSE. The UPSC CSE selection process is three-staged -- preliminary, mains and interview.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.