Divyansh|Sep 20, 2023
Yuva Sangam: IIT Guwahati hosts student delegates from IIT Jammu, IIM Bangalore, IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Guwahati organises a five-day cultural itinerary for student delegates from IIT Jammu, IIM Bangalore, IIT Gandhinagar under Yuva Sangam.
NEW DELHI: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) organised the 'Yuva Sangam' programme under the 'Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat' initiative by the ministry of education. IIT Guwahati, as a nodal centre for Assam, hosted 157 student delegates and 10 faculty coordinators from IIT Jammu, IIM Bangalore and IIT Gandhinagar.
The aim of the programme is to strengthen connection between youth of the northeastern states and other Indian states. As a part of the programme, students and faculty coordinators from various colleges and institutions of Assam were sent to IIT Gandhinagar, IIT Jammu, IIM Bangalore, JNU Delhi and NITTTR Chandigarh.
The institute prepared a five-day programme that covered aspects of Paryatan (tourism), Parampara (traditions), Pragati (development), Paraspar Sampark (people-to-people connect), and Prodvogik (technology) for the delegates. The itinerary included the following activities-
- A visit to the cultural site of Nilachal Hills.
- Visit to Sports Authority of India complex at Paltan Bazaar.
- Interaction session at Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, Sonapur.
- A visit to the border village at Indo-Bhutan border, arranged by Sashastra Seema Bal.
- Interaction with Assamese locals with a visit to the villages at Dhopatari, Silbhoral, and Athyabori.
- Interaction with the governor of Assam, Shri Gulab Chand Kataria.
- Visit to the Urbasi island.
- Interaction with the local weavers at Sualkuchi.
- A workshop on developing natural language processing tools and technologies for languages in North-East India.
- Assamese folk-based dance performances.
- Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir and Karnataka participants performing their traditional dances.
Speaking about the Yuva Sangam initiative, IIT Guwahati, officiating director, Parameswar K Iyer, said: "The ‘Yuva Sangam’ programme is meticulously developed by the Ministry of Education to provide the youth an opportunity to connect with youth of other states and learn about their culture and diversity. It was a great opportunity for the students to get huge exposure, cultural integration and learn new things. IIT Guwahati proudly hosted and introduced the student delegates to the rich history and culture of Assam during their visit."
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.