Richa Kapoor|Oct 22, 2021
Cabinet Gives Green Signal for National Recruitment Agency to Conduct CET Exam
NEW DELHI - The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved to set up the NRA (National Recruitment Agency) to conduct the CET (Common Eligibility Test). The CET will be conducted to recruit candidates for non-gazetted, Group B and C posts in central government and also for posts in public sector banks. With this approval, aspirants will have to appear for one single, online CET preliminary exam across the country. The CET score will be valid for 3 years. The NRA will be a multi-agency body which will conduct the first-level (preliminary stage) to screen candidates in SSC, RRB and IBPS. CET will be held for candidates who have qualified 10, 10+2 and graduation. The idea of NRA was first coined last year in September 2019.
How will the NRA be beneficial?
Every year approximately 2.5 crore candidates appear for 1.25 lakh government vacancies through different recruiting agencies. NRA will act like a single umbrella under which all the exams for the preliminary stage will be conducted.
- NRA will be a professional, independent and specialist organisation.
- Currently, there are close to 20 recruiting agencies that come under the Central government, as of now, the NRA will take only 3 common agencies.
- The National Recruitment Agency will bring in transparency and ease in the recruitment process.
- NRA will reduce the burden from the candidates and also from the recruitment agencies.
- It will cut the costs, reduce the time and efforts of both candidates as well as the recruiting agencies.
- Through the CET, candidates will get 2 additional chances to improve their score.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Telegram Channel for more updates.