CBSE releases criteria to apply for change of exam centre
NEW DELHI: Central Board of Secondary Education has released an important notification regarding the change in examination centre for 10th and 12th board exams. CBSE has decided that the board exams will now be conducted in the respective schools only. Those students who are residing in some other districts than the place for their school can be allowed for a change in the examination centre. CBSE has postponed some of the 10th and 12th exams due to the spread of COVID-19. The postponed exams will be conducted from July 1 to July 15, 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Change in Examination Centre
Following category of students are allowed to change the examination centre:
- Students residing in hostels
- Students sponsored by the state government
- Students who have shifted from their school district to some other district within India
Those students who have shifted from their home school district to some other district within the country.
Click here to check the official notification.
Important Conditions for Change in Examination Centre
- Change of centre within the same district is not allowed.
- NCT of Delhi will be considered as one district.
- No examination Centre is permitted in the Containment zone
- No examination will be conducted for the CBSE affiliated schools located abroad.
- Change of exam centre within the same district is not allowed.
How to Request for the Change in Examination Centre
- Regular students have to contact their respective schools to request the change in examination centre. CBSE board will not accept the request in any other mode.
- Private students can apply for the same using the official website of CBSE board or through the mobile app.
For any query regarding the change in exam centre students can contact through the helpline number 1800-11-8001 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on working days.
The Important Dates for the schedule of activities are given below.