Abhiraj P|May 6, 2022
‘Only doubly vaccinated students on campus’: IIT Hyderabad shares facts on COVID-19 situation
COVID-19 cases in India: IIT Hyderabad has listed down facts on covid cases, isolation, vaccination of students, classes, curbs.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad has shared facts on the situation of COVID-19 in the institute. The institute has suspended offline classes and is conducting online classes.
“Various information was being shared about the COVID-19 scenario about IIT Hyderabad recently. The following are the facts about the Covid situation at IIT Hyderabad,” an official statement from IIT Hyderabad said while listing down the facts on covid cases, isolation, vaccination of students, curbs.
IIT Hyderabad: COVID-19 situation
- Only double vaccinated students have been invited to the IIT Hyderabad campus.
- Currently, the institute has 211 rooms for isolation and will be further increased on the basis of requirement.
- IIT Hyderabad currently has 112 Covid-positive active cases among the students. All of them have been isolated into separate isolation areas.
- Almost all the reported cases are either mild or asymptomatic and are showing good signs of recovery within 4-5 days.
- Sanitization or disinfection of isolation facilities, washrooms are being done at regular intervals.
- The institute currently has 6 well-qualified medical doctors and 9 staff nurses serving the IITH community (24x7) on a rotation basis. It has also recruited 4 additional staff nurses exclusively for monitoring the covid cases.
- The food and medicines for all the covid affected students are being delivered directly by the attenders (with necessary covid protocols).
- Period of isolation is 7 days from the date of testing.
- Students of the same pod (if one of the students is found positive) (primary, secondary contacts) are being quarantined for 2 days. They are advised to undergo testing if found symptomatic.
- Rapid antigen testing or RT-PCR is being carried out.
- Strict restrictions are imposed at entry and exit gates to contain the spread.
- Two ambulances ( including ICU on Wheels) are available 24x7 for all emergency situations (including shifting of cases to higher centers, as and when required).
- All offline activities have been suspended and the semester is happening in a completely online mode. Around 600 unaffected students have vacated the hostels. The institute will convert the vacated hostel blocks to isolation facilities.
- Report on the covid cases (on-campus and off-campus) is being shared with the office of DHMO -Sangareddy on a daily basis.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.