- Financial Times Management Ranking 2018: IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta among top five in Asia
Financial Times Management Ranking 2018: IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta among top five in Asia
NEW DELHI, SEPTEMBER 14: The Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2018 are out and the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta and IIM Bangalore have made their spot among the top 10 B-schools in Asia.
In this year’s ranking, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta and IIM Bangalore have been ranked second, third and fifth in Asia, respectively. In the global ranking, IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta and Bangalore have been ranked 19, 23 and 26 respectively.
While the ranks of IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Calcutta have improved from last year, which were 21 and 28 respectively, IIM Bangalore maintained the 26th rank, in both the years.
Among the Asian B-schools, apart from the three IIMs, other B-schools are from China, Singapore and Taiwan. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Antai- China has been ranked number one by Financial Times. The top 10 B-schools in Asia according to the FT Masters in Management Ranking 2018 are as follows:
1. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Antai- China
2. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad- India
3. Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta- India
4. Skema Business School- China
5. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore- India
6. Tongji University School of Economics and Management- China
7. Grenoble Ecole de Management- Singapore
8. IQS/FJU/USF- Taiwan
9. Hult International Business School- China
10. Singapore Management University, Lee Kong Chian- Singapore
Among the top B-schools across the world, Europe is dominating the top 10 institutes with the University of St Gallen – Switzerland leading the chart followed by HEC Paris. The top 10 globally ranked institutes by FT are:
1. University of St Gallen - Switzerland Cems
2. HEC Paris - France
3. London Business School - UK
4. Essec Business School - France / Singapore
5. ESCP Europe - FR / UK / DE / ES / IT
6. Università Bocconi - Italy
7. University College Dublin: Smurfit - Ireland
8. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University - Netherlands
9. CEMS - Global Alliance
10. IE Business School – Spain
As many as 104 B-schools across the world participated in the FT Masters in Management Ranking 2018.