Mridusmita Deka|Feb 8, 2023
IGNOU opens applications for BEd, PhD, BSc entrance exam on ignou.ac.in; apply by December 20
Applications for IGNOU 2023 entrance exams in BEd, PhD, BSc programmes are open on ignou.ac.in. Candidates can apply till December 20, 2022.
NEW DELHI: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) began the application process for the bachelor of education (BEd), doctor of philosophy (PhD) and bachelor of science nursing (BSc) entrance application on November 21, 2022. Candidates can apply to the mentioned programmes on IGNOU's official website- ignou.ac.in till December 20, 2022.
Candidates are required to meet requirements in each programme to be eligible to apply for the courses. A non-refundable registration fee of a total of Rs 1,000 is to be paid for the IGNOU entrance exam.
- Candidates are required to have at least 50 percent marks either in their bachelor's and, or master's degree in science, social sciences, commerce and humanity. A bachelor's degree in engineering or technology with specialisation in science and mathematics with 55 percent marks or an equivalent.
- In online distance learning (ODL) for BEd course, only trained-in service teachers in elementary education and candidates who have completed their NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode are eligible to apply.
- IGNOU offers PhD programmes in political sciences, physics, life sciences among others. Candidates are required to have minimum of 55 percent score in their bachelor's and master's degree. Those who possess a master's degree from a University Grants Commission (UGC) recognised institution are eligible to apply. Admissions into the IGNOU PhD programmes are based on merit and the performance in the entrance test.
- Under the BSc programme, registered nurses and registered midwives (RNRM) having 10+2 with three years diploma in general nursing and midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years of experience are eligible to apply. Male nurses who do not have midwifery in the GNM programme are required to have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of six to nine months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery.
IGNOU entrance exam application form: How to apply
- Candidates are required to visit IGNOU's official website– ignou.ac.in
- Then click on the link “Application form for BED / PHD / BSC Entrance Test- January 2023”
- Candidates can then click on their concerned programme to read instructions, eligibility requirement given by the university.
- Then, the applicants must fill in the application form, upload the necessary documents, pay the application fees and then submit the form.
- Candidates can take a printout of the application form for future reference.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.