Vagisha Kaushik|Nov 26, 2022
IIIT Delhi invites applications for PhD programmes under AICTE Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2022
IIIT Delhi is offering PhD in computer science engineering, electronics and communication engineering, and computational biology through ADF scheme.
NEW DELHI: Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Delhi has invited applications from prospective and qualified candidates for admission to the PhD programmes in computer science and engineering (CSE), electronics and communications engineering (ECE), and computational biology (CB) through the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) Doctoral Fellowship (ADF) Scheme 2022-23. Eligible candidates can apply on the official website - iiitd.ac.in. Last date to apply for the PhD programmes is September 18, 2022.
AICTE started the scheme to promote research culture in the approved Institutions, to promote collaborative research between Institute and Industries leading to start-ups, and to nurture talents for technical research.
- To be eligible to apply, a candidate must have secured the minimum percentage of 70% (69.5 % and above) for General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates, whereas 65% (64.5 % and above) for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Caste (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH).
- In the absence of percentage, the candidate must have secured minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 or equivalent at bachelors and masters whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) it is 7.0 on the scale of 10.
- In addition to above, the candidate should have qualified the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) / National Eligibility Test (NET) during the last 5 years.
- The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission in respective university. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/Physically challenged category.
Under the ADF scheme, a fellowship of Rs 31,000 per month for the first two years followed by Rs 35,000 per month for the third year will be provided to the scholar. HRA will also be provided as per the Government of India (GOI) norms as applicable in the city or location where the research fellow is pursuing their research. In addition, Contingency Grant will be admissible to the scholars at the rate of Rs 15,000 per annum to meet the miscellaneous expenditures. Additional financial support by IIIT Delhi will also be provided for purchasing laptop, salary top-up, Overseas Research Fellowships (ORF), travel for research etc.
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data, Machine Learning & Data Sciences
- Quantum Computing
- Cyber Security
- Smart Cities, Housing and Transportation
- Block Chain
- Energy Efficiency, Renewable and sustainable Energy
- Augmented Reality(AR)/Virtual Reality(VR)
- Social & Organizational Psychology and Behaviour
- Water purification, conservation and management
- Electronics & Photonics
- Energy Production and Storage
- Public Policy
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.