NEET MDS 2020 registrations begin; check the steps to apply online here
NEET MDS College Predictor
Know your admission chances
New Delhi, October 11: National Board of Examination (NBE) has released the application form of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for MDS courses. Candidates seeking a masters degree in dental surgery must fill the online registration form on or before October 31, 2019. Only those candidates who possess a recognised BDS degree and fulfil the other eligibility criteria will be able to fill the application form. To successfully fill the application form, candidates will have to complete six different steps which include registration, filling of details in the form, uploading of scanned images/documents, choice of exam city, application fee payment and the printing of the confirmation page. The payment of fee can only be done in online mode by the means of credit/debit card or internet banking.
NEET MDS is a single entrance exam for all dental PG courses which will be conducted on December 20, 2019, for admission to government/private dental colleges, seats offered in Deemed/Central Universities of India. The result of NEET MDS is scheduled to be declared by January 20, 2020.
Who can apply?
In order to apply for NEET MDS, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the basic pre-requisite eligibility criteria or the application is liable for cancellation.
- Candidate must have completed the BDS degree or have a provisional BDS pass certificate issued by a recognised dental institute of India.
- He/she must possess a registration certificate issued by Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC) by March 31, 2020.
- An applicant should have completed a 12 months rotatory internship or likely to complete the same on or before March 31, 2020.
How to apply?
Candidates filling the application form can check the steps below before filling the online registration form to avoid errors as it may lead to cancellation of the application form. The step-wise process to fill the application form has been listed below.
1. Registration: The first step in the application process is registration wherein the candidates generate their login credentials namely the User ID and Password which will be sent on registered mobile number.
2. Filling of the form: With the login credentials, candidates will be required to login the official website and fill all the crucial details that have to be filled.
3. Choosing exam city: Each candidate must choose an exam centre where they wish to appear for the exam according to their convenience.
4. Uploading of scanned images: Once the exam centre has been selected, images of the candidate’s passport size photo, signature and left thumb impression has to be uploaded as per the specifications given by the authority.
5. Fee payment: To successfully submit the application form, candidates must pay the prescribed application fee. For general candidates the fee amount is Rs 3,750/- and reserved category candidates must pay Rs 2,750/-. Candidates with physical disability have been exempted from paying the fee.
6. Printing of confirmation page: Once the application form has been duly filled, the candidates must take a print out of the confirmation page that is displayed on the screen for future references.
Rectify the mistakes
In case a candidate has filled incorrect information at the time of filling the application form, candidates, with the help of the correction window facility, will be able to rectify the mistakes. The facility of correction window will be made available within 15 days of closing of the application form. There are only certain areas which can be correct thus it is advisable that the candidates exercise due caution while filling the form.