PGIMER 2020 January session notification released with five major changes; check details here
October 25, NEW DELHi: Through an official notification, PGIMER, Chandigarh has released the revised dates of PGIMER 2020 along with latest changes. PGIMER 2020 will now be conducted in computer based mode on November 30, 2019. Earlier, the exam was expected to be held in pen and paper based mode on November 24. While, the results for Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research will be announced on December 6, 2019.
Eligible medical graduates can fill the application form of PGIMER 2020 from October 26 to November 14, 2019. In order to register for entrance exam, candidates must mandatorily complete their MBBS degree, obtained the registration number from Medical Council of India (MCI)/State Medical Council (SMC) and have completed the internship on or before the last date specified.
PGIMER 2020 January official notification
Aforementioned, the official notification mentions the dates for PGIMER January session, which can be checked below.
PGIMER 2020 latest news and updates
With the release of official notification, PGIMER, Chandigarh has introduced some considerable modifications, which have been mentioned below.
1. PGIMER exam date revised: With no special justification, the authority has postponed the exam of PGIMER 2020 January session from November 24 to November 30, 2019.
2. Mode of exam: The regulatory body has changed the mode of conducting PGIMER entrance exam. For the first time, PGI Chandigarh will held the PGIMER 2020 exam in computer based mode containing 250 multiple choice questions.
3. New result date: Following the previous years’ norm, PGIMER result was expected to be released within 24 hours of the completion of the exam. However, opposing the past trends, PGIMER result will be announced on December 6, 2019, in online mode.
4. Hike in application fees: The deposition of fees is imperative for final submission of PGIMER application form. For the academic session 2020-21, the authority has increased the application fees with Rs. 1500 for other category aspirants, while Rs. 1200 for SC/ST categories. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) are exempted from paying the fees.
5. Mode of payment: For successful deposition of application fees, it is crucial for aspirants to know the modes of payment. Contratary with the previous year modes, various category candidates can pay the fees in online mode through credit/debit cards and net banking.
Note: With the revision of result date of PGIMER exam January session, it can be predicted that the answer key might be released after the exam. However, for any justifications, it is advised to stay in touch with the officials.