himanshu.shekhar|Nov 30, 2021
CAT 2020 Exam Registration Live Updates - Application Started @iimcat.ac.in
NEW DELHI - Indian Institute of Management, Indore has begun CAT 2020 exam registration from August 5 at iimcat.ac.in in online mode. CAT registration date 2020 is August 5 to September 16. IIM CAT registration consists of the generation of a login ID and password and filling the CAT application form 2020. after successful CAT registration, candidates will be able to get the iimcat.ac.in 2020 login to fill the form. Common Admission Test 2020 will be conducted on November 29 in computer-based mode across 156 cities in the country. Stay connected to check latest updates on IIM CAT registration
What's new in CAT Registration 2020?
- A slight increase in CAT Registration fees have been seen this year.
- Candidates now have to choose 6 exam cities instead of 4.
IIM CAT Registration Date 2020
- Start Date of CAT registration 2020- August 5, 2020 at 10 am
- Last to apply for CAT exam 2020- September 16, 2020 at 5 pm
- Release of admit card- October 28, 2020
- CAT Exam 2020 date- November 29, 2020
Only candidates who meet CAT eligibility criteria can fill the online CAT exam form. Due to COVID19 outbreak, students are suggested to follow the necessary guidelines at the exam centres.
- One Day to go for IIM CAT 2020 Registration - Know How to Apply
- Know all about IIM CAT 2020 dates, registration and syllabus
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.
IIM CAT Registration 2020 has commenced at 10 am on August 5, 2020. Access the CAT 2020 registration direct link here. CAT registration date 2020 is from August 5 to September 16.
Filling application form after CAT exam registration
The next step after CAT registration 2020 is to use the generated login ID and password to fill the application form. There are six stages for filling the form through IIM CAT registration. They are
1. Personal Details - the information like Name, Category etc mentioned here has to match the class 10 certificate details.
2. Academic Qualifications - All the information regarding the academic qualifications as applicable have to be filled. Details required may be as follows
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor’s Degree Details
- Master’s Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
3. Work Experience - Candidates with work experience must enter their experience in days as on July 31, 2020. They must check all the Industry Types applicable to them, with Work Experience in days for each Industry Type. Only Full-time experience after graduation must be entered.
4. Programmes - They can select all programmes at once by clicking on the “Select All” checkbox above the programme section. They can individually also check their preferences. They must select the Programme followed by selection of the Interview City for that Programme (from the cities listed from the respective drop-down list).
5. Test City - Six cities must be chosen from the given list. IIM Indore has also listed the CAT exam cities on the official website in the top menu.
6. Payment of CAT 2020 exam registration fee - This can be paid online and is Rs 2000 for general category candidates and Rs 1000 for reserved category candidates. Bank charges are additional.
After submission, candidates will receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of their CAT 2020 Application within a few minutes. The email may also contain communication on additional details such as Admit Card download window
CAT Exam 2020 registration process in detail
Candidates have to generate a unique login ID and password through CAT Registration. The steps involved are
- Click here
- Enter name, date of birth, email, country and mobile number.
- Submit and wait for OTP verification prompt.
- Once it is received, submit the same and complete the first step in IIM CAT regsitration.
Some important guidelines during CAT exam registration are:
- Details entered by domestic candidates will be verified through an OTP sent to that mobile number and email address.
- Once the OTP is verified, the User ID and the Password will be sent on the registered email address and or on the registered mobile number to complete the registration process.
- Using these credentials, candidates can login as a Registered User to fill up the CAT Application form.
Candidates must remember that the CAT registration date 2020 is up till September 16 only.
CAT registration in three simple steps
IIM CAT registration is in three simple steps as given below
Step 1: Registration for User ID and Password
Step 2: Login to CAT Website.
Step 3: Fill Application Form.
CAT Registration Fee Details - Amount, Payment Mode and more..
This is the last step in the CAT application process. After registering for CAT 2020 and filling the application form, candidates will have to pay the registration fees through debit card, credit card or netbanking. CAT registration fees are Rs 2000 for general category and Rs 1000 for reserved category. Payment is online only. Bank charges applicable as per the mode chosen. Check image below
CAT registration fee payment has to be paid once and is inclusive of the common admission process. Candidates can choose any number of institutes (IIMS) of their preference and there will be no extra charges for this.
CAT registration 2020 - Link to fill form
Candidates can click here to fill CAT 2020 registration form
CAT 2020 registration- Browsers to be used
At the time of CAT registration, candidates will have to use Edge Chromium or Mozilla Firefox (version 56 and above) or Google Chrome (version 59 and above) browser
CAT 2020 registration begins
IIM Indore has started the CAT registration 2020 now.
CAT registration 2020 to begin anytime soon
IIM Indore will soon begin the CAT 2020 exam registration.
CAT registration 2020 - format and size of documents
The scanned image of the candidate and the signture has to be in JPEG/JPG format and the size of the file should not be more than 80 KB.
Mistakes to avoid in CAT exam registration
Some common mistakes to avoid in IIM CAT registration are listed below.
- Spelling mistakes. These are very common so candidates must ensure that their name and all other details are free from such mistakes.
- Category - since it is mandatory that candidates have to upload their category certificate which should be valid, they should avoid entering a category for which they have no documents or which is not in the central list as mentioned by IIM Indore.
- They should keep their academic details in hand while filling the CAT Exam 2020 registration to avoid making a mistake in the same.
- It is advisable to use the prescribed browsers as mentioned - Edge Chromium OR Mozilla Firefox (version 56 and above) OR Google Chrome (version 59 and above)
- “*” (asterisk) indicates a mandatory field. The fields marked with this symbol must be filled in or candidates will not be allowed to submit their CAT exam form 2020.
- All details like name and such should be according to 10th/SSC Certificate
CAT Exam Registration- Documents to be kept ready
At the time of registering for CAT 2020 exam, candidates must keep their photograph, signature, disability certificate, final year certificate,scribe afidavit, identification affidavit, NC-OBC Certificate, EWS Certificate, SC/ST Certificate
CAT registration 2020 - multiple sessions
Those who are filling the CAT 2020 registration form, they can do so in multiple sessions. However they need to save each time all the information that they have provided.
Save and Continue for CAT registration
Once the candidate has filled each section of CAT registration 2020 form, they must click on the save and next tab.
Generate Login id and password for CAT registration 2020
Candidates must fill the necessary details to generate the rehistered id and password which they can use for CAT exam registration.
Check official website for CAT registration
Those filling the CAT registration form must visit the official website for the same which is iimcat.ac.in
IIM CAT Registration instructions released
IIM Indore has released the instructions for the CAT exam registration. The instructions are in the form of a PDF and a video. Candidates aiming to fill the IIM CAT registration can follow these instructions to apply successfully in a smooth manner
Check the CAT Exam 2020 registration pdf here
Valid e-mail address and mobile number for CAT Registration 2020
Candidates must ensure that they keep a valid e-mail address and mobile number ready with them as they proceed to fill the CAT 2020 registration form. All CAT related official communication and information will be mailed and messaged to the registered email ID and mobile number of the candidates. This information should be entered by candidates during the initial CAT 2020 registration process.
CAT 2020 registration form - Choose 6 cities
In view of the COVID pandemic, candidates filling the CAT exam registration form will have to choose at least 6 cities as per their preference. CAT exam centre will be allotted to the candidates after the conclusion of the CAT registration process. The number of cities to be opted has been increased to 6 from 4 to allow candidates to have a wider choice of cities and centres keeping the social distancing norms in mind on account of COVID-19.
CAT registration fees
There has been an increase in the CAT 2020 registration fees. Those who are from the unreserved category will have to pay Rs 2000 while those who are from the reserved category they will have to pay Rs 1000 as CAT registration fees.
Eligibility Criteria for filling CAT
Candidates must be gradautes and those who are from unreserved category they will have to score at least 50 % marks or equivalent CGPA and those who are from reserved category they will have to score at least 45%.
CAT Exam 2020 Registration Time
The registration process for CAT 2020 exam will begin today from 10:00 a.m in online mode. Candidates must check all the details before they fill the application form
More about CAT eligibility criteria 2020
Students who are in the final year of graduation they can also fill the IIM CAT registration form.
Check CAT 2020 Exam Cities
Indian Institute of Management, Indore mentioned on the official website of CAT 2020 that the Common Admission Test will be conducted in 156 cities across India in computer based mode on November 29.
List of documents to be uploaded in the CAT exam registration form
Candidates can check the list of documents which they need to upload in CAT 2020 exam registration form:
List of Documents
Size of the file
Not more than 80 KB
80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)
150 px/inch (min)
30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)
PwD certificate to be uploaded during CAT 2020 registration
EWS/NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate to be uploaded during CAT exam registration
Information that needs to be kept ready before filling CAT 2020 registration form
Candidates must ensure that they keep the following details ready with them as they fill the CAT registration 2020 form:
- Valid and unique email address
- Valid mobile phone number
- Netbanking details
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Academic details
Know what to keep ready before registering for CAT entrance exam 2020
While proceeding to fill the CAT exam registration form 2020, candidates must ensure that they have all the information and documents ready with them. The documents should be in accordance with the dimensions and specifications that are mentioned in the official brochure as well as in the application form.