COVID-19: NTA re-opens NEET 2020 application correction window till May 31
NEW DELHI - Due to the extension in lockdown and announcement of Lockdown 4.0, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced today the extension of the correction window facility for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2020). Medical aspirants can make changes till May 31, 2020 upto 5 PM. As per the tweet by Dr. Pokhriyal, candidates will be able to make changes in their particulars and choice of exam city. On May 5, through a live session, he announced the exam date of NEET 2020, which is July 26.
Candidates must be aware that the authorities have provided them with multiple opportunities to make corrections in their NEET application form, however, as Dr. Pokhriyal’s tweet reads this is ‘for one last time’ that the authorities are providing applicants a chance ‘to make corrections’.
Details mentioned on the official notice shared in the tweet
The extension of date in application correction window is being given due to the impact of COVID-19
Candidates can make corrections in their particulars and choice of exam city
The last date to make corrections is May 31, 2020 upto 5 PM and aspirants can make fee payment upto 11:50 PM on the same date
Candidates can make fee payment through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI/Paytm
If there are additional charges applied for making any change in the application form, it will be reflected in the final updates after payment
NTA has advised candidates to rely only on the official website of NTA (nta.ac.in) and NEET 2020 (ntaneet.nic.in)
Image of Dr. Pokhriyal’s tweet
📢Announcement— Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) May 15, 2020
Keeping in mind the hardships faced by the NEET UG-2020 applicants due to #COVID19 pandemic, I have advised @DG_NTA to allow the applicants to make corrections for one last time in 1⃣Candidate particulars 2⃣Choice of centre cities in the online application form. pic.twitter.com/MDDUOQH1sR
How to make corrections in NEET application form?
1. Visit the official website of NEET (ntaneet.nic.in)
2. To make corrections, 'Candidate Login' tab will be provided in the ‘Current events’ section. Candidates will have to click on it.
3. Candidates will have to login through NEET application number and password
4. Aspirants will then have to click on the button mentioning “Click here for corrections in NEET application form”
5. Now, medical aspirants can modify the details and then click on ‘preview and submit’
6. A One Time Password (OTP) will be generated and sent to the registered number and mail ID of candidates which they are required to enter there.
7. It is advised that candidates take a printout of correction slip for future references
What after successful submission of NEET application form?
After candidates successfully submit their application form without any mistakes in it, the authorities will release NEET admit cards for such candidates. It must be noted that the admit card will be released in online mode and PDF format.