DU Admission 2019: ‘Open Day session’ commences at North Campus
Delhi University 2019 College Predictor
Know your admission chances in Delhi University's Science, Commerce & Arts Courses
New Delhi, May 31: The most awaited process of DU Admission 2019 had finally commenced on May 30 at 8 PM. Within an hour of the release of the registration window, online, almost 8,000 application forms were received by the university. This shows how much the students, all over India, were waiting for the online procedure to start with bated breath. Now that the admission process for DU 2019 has started, the university officials had organized an Open Day session in its Conference Centre at North Campus and today was the opening day of the counselling session. It started at 10 AM and the candidates were invited along with their parents and/or guardians to accompany them and put forth all the queries that they had in their minds regarding the whole online process of filling the DU 2019 application form.
The counselling session included Dr Rajeev Gupta (Chairperson of Delhi University Admission Committee), Dr Jaswinder Singh (Principal of SGTB Khalsa College), Manoj Kumar Khanna (Principal of Ramjas College), Rakesh Kumar Verma along with many other subject experts of University of Delhi.
DU Admission 2019 - Important Dates
Dr Rajeev Gupta announced many important dates related to DU admission 2019 which were not mentioned on the Information Brochure. Some of them are given below-
Last date of DU registration/application forms
First DU Cut off
Second DU Cut off
Third DU Cut off
Fourth DU Cut off
Fifth DU Cut off
Date of the entrance tests
June 22 - July 02
The officials have informed that the number of cut off lists may increase depending on the seat availability, number of applicants, withdrawal of the candidate’s admission etc. The dates of the cut off lists after the fifth one (if any) will be communicated on the official website.
Changes being proposed in DU Admission 2019
The session started with Dr Rajeev Gupta who informed that the quantity of the required documents has been made less just to make the process of admission easier for the candidates. He also informed that this year the candidates need not submit their official documents with the college’s officials. Rather, the university will derive all the information about the candidate’s academic performance by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The colleges will keep the documents only until the forensic investigation is done. Later, the candidates can get their documents back from college.
Another change that has been introduced is the accumulation of all the knowledge about seat availability and cut off on the Students’ Portal. It had been anticipated from long that the university will introduce a Dashboard on the Students’ Portal just to let them know how many seats are available in their preferred colleges as well as the courses. The Dashboard will also introduce the ‘Online Calculator’, in a first. Although, this online calculator will have nothing to do with the ‘Best of Four’ aggregate marks, as clarified by Dr Sukanta Dutta.
Important things to keep in mind
1. The university will give the option of previewing their DU application form 2019 online after they have filled all the details and uploaded all the documents. The ‘Preview’ option will come before remitting the online application fee. If the candidates will find any mistake in their DU application form 2019, they can edit it by clicking on the ‘Edit’ option.
2. The candidates will have to p[ay Rs. 1000/- as a penalty every time they will apply for cancellation process in a college for any course.
3. As Dr Rajesh Kumar Verma stated, “Most of the grievances happen because the candidates rush to fill the form and register themselves without going through the Information Brochure.” Therefore, the candidates should keep in mind to read through the prospectus before filling the form and applying for the courses.
4. During the change of stream, as much as 2.5% will be deducted, as informed by Dr Jaswinder Singh.
5. The candidates are requested to provide their valid email ID and mobile numbers as all the notifications will be communicated on these two provided information only. Also, the candidates must provide correct bank account number so the process of fee refund will be hassle-free.
6. The candidates who are applying under Sports/ECA category must make sure to upload the documents which they think is the most appropriate and which will gain you the admission in any of the colleges.
7. The candidates under Sports category will have to go through two levels of trials - Preliminary trials and Final Trials. The sports certificates will carry as much as 40 marks and the dates of the trials will be notified on the official website of DU.
8. The candidates belonging to OBC category must submit their OBC certificate which is latest i.e. being generated after March 31. If the candidates happen to not have their latest OBC certificate, they can submit the receipt/slip. If they have none, then they can upload their old OBC Certificate but they will have to provide the college officials with their latest OBC certificate at the time of admission.
The Open Day sessions will be continued by the University of Delhi officials till June 10, 2019. The candidates can visit the sessions as per their convenience. The schedule is given in the table below.
10 AM - 1.30 PM
Conference Centre, North Campus, Gate No. 4
10 AM - 1.30 PM
Kamala Nehru College, Rajdhani College, Ram Lal Anand College, Zakir Hussain Delhi College, Maharaja Agrasen College