Tamanna Tamang|Oct 24, 2021
- GATE 2019 exam analysis: ME, CY & MN ends, Mechanical Paper moderately difficult
GATE 2019 exam analysis: ME, CY & MN ends, Mechanical Paper moderately difficult
NEW DELHI, FEBRUARY 2: IIT Madras has concluded GATE 2019 paper for Mechanical Engineering (ME), Mining Engineering (ME) and Chemistry (CY) on February 2. The entrance examination for the following papers where conducted in forenoon shift for all the eligible candidates.
As the exam concludes, various coaching institutes and experts have released the analysis of the following papers based on the student's memory.
As per The GATE Academy, the percentage of questions asked from different topics in the ME paper of GATE 2019 are given below:
- Manufacturing Engineering- 16%
- Mining Engineering, Engineering Mathematics - 15%
- Engineering Mechanics, Industrial Engineering- 5%
- Mechanics of Materials- 9%
- Theory Of Machines, Machine Design, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer- 6%
- Thermodynamics- 11%
Difficulty level of examination
In comparison to the last year, the difficulty level of the paper was quite tough. The questions asked in the question paper were tricky. As per the candidates who appeared for the entrance examination the numeric questions were quite tough and lengthy. This made the paper difficult. Also, candidates found the section of General Aptitude easier.
IIT Madras is conducting GATE 2019 on February 2, 3, 9 and 10 for 24 Papers. The result of GATE 2019 will be announced on March 16.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.