Divyansh|Oct 25, 2023
IIIT Hyderabad invites applications for lateral entry to dual degree programmes
IIIT Hyderabad is offering admission to electronics and communication engineering, computer science and engineering through lateral entry.
NEW DELHI: The International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad has invited applications for lateral entry to its dual degree programmes. Eligible candidates can apply on the official website – iiit.ac.in. The institute is offering two programmes on lateral entry - electronics and communication engineering, computer science and engineering. IIIT Hyderabad will conduct an exam to admit students through LEEE mode on May 6, 2023 from 9am to 12pm. Students completing the programmes will get two degrees - BTech and Master of Science by Research.
Latest: [See whether your JEE Rank can land you into IIIT Hyderabad or not ] - Predict Now
Candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs 2,500. The tuition fee of the dual programmes for the academic year 2023-24 is Rs 3,60,000.
- ECD : Applicants completing their three semesters of BE, BTech in ECE, ETE, EIE, EEE, or electronics and computer engineering by July 2023
- CSD : Applicants completing their three semesters of BE, BTech. in CSE, IT, AI and ML, or data science by July 2023
- Applicants with an aggregate of 80% marks (or 8/10 cumulative grade point average) at the end of their third semester are strongly encouraged to apply.
The entrance test will be conducted in a computer-based test mode including aptitude test and subject test for 60 minutes and 120 minutes, respectively. After the exam, IIIT Hyderabad will conduct an interview on May 27, 2023.
The syllabus for the exam is as follows:
Mathematics (For both CSE and ECE):
- Linear Algebra: Vector spaces and subspaces, Orthogonal subspaces, Inner product, Projection, Determinant and its properties, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
- Probability: Axiom of probability, Cumulative density function, Probability density/mass function, Moments of a random variable, Function of random variables, Distributions: Binomial, Bernoulli, Geometric, Poisson, Gaussian and Exponential.
- Calculus: Integration, Differentiation, Limits, Continuity, Cauchy sequences, Convergence and divergence of series, Maxima and minima, Mean value theorem.
Computer Science and Engineering Exam:
- Digital Logic
- Data Structures
- Basic Algorithms & Problem Solving
- Discrete Mathematics
Electronics and Communications Engineering Exam:
- Digital Logic
- Circuit Theory and Networks
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Signals and Systems
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.