himanshu.shekhar|Oct 19, 2021
IIM CAT exam 2021: Registration ongoing at iimcat.ac.in, Know answers to some commonly asked questions
CAT exam form filling last date is September 15. Here are answers to some of the commonly asked questions on CAT 2021 registration.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad will be closing the CAT registration 2021 window on September 15. Management aspirants interested in appearing for this MBA admission test can apply only in online mode. Candidates can fill the IIM CAT exam 2021 form at iimcat.ac.in. During the CAT exam registration 2021, applicants face a lot of doubts and issues. Here we list some of the commonly asked questions on CAT eligibility, application fee, modes of CAT application form and payment, documents to upload in the CAT application form 2021, and more.
CAT Registration 2021: Apply Here
Latest: Are you prepared for CAT? Take IMS FREE Online CAT Mock Test. Start Now
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted every year by one of the IIMs for admission to various postgraduate management programmes offered by them and other top MBA colleges such as FMS, MDI, IMI, IMT, NITIE, SPJIMR, JBIMS, etc. CAT exam date 2021 is November 28 this year. CAT 2021 will be a computer-based test. CAT exam 2021 question paper will have both MCQ and non-MCQs. These questions will be asked from three sections - Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Integration & Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Aptitude (QA).
Here is all the information that one must know before commencing with the CAT application form filling.
IIM CAT 2021 exam dates
CAT 2021 dates
CAT exam 2021 application form last date
September 15, 2021, at 5 pm
Availability of CAT 2021 admit card
October 27, 2021, at 5 pm
CAT exam date 2021
November 28, 2021 (Sunday)
Commonly asked questions on CAT 2021 registration
Question - How do I register for CAT 2021?
- Answer - CAT exam registration 2021 can be processed only in online mode at the IIM CAT official website, iimcat.ac.in.
Question - What is the last date for CAT registration?
- Answer - The last date to fill CAT form 2021 is September 15, at 5 pm. Interested students are advised to apply for CAT 2021 on or before this last date.
Question - What documents are required for CAT registration?
- Answer - Before filling up the CAT registration form 2021, applicants should scan the original documents/ certificates and keep the following documents ready.
Class 10 marksheet.
Class 12 marksheet.
Date of Birth certificate.
Graduation marksheets/ certificate.
Caste category certificate (if applicable)
PwD category certificate (if applicable)
Work experience certificate (Not mandatory)
Question - Can I give the CAT exam after 12th?
- Answer - No, you are ineligible to appear for CAT after class 12. To appear for the CAT exam, the students must have a Bachelor’s degree.
Question - Is the CAT exam only for MBA?
- Answer - CAT exam is the mandatory national-level entrance exam for MBA admission to 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges in India. Management aspirants can also take admission to Executive MBA, PGDM, PGDM, FPM also on the basis of CAT score.
Question - Can 3rd year students of graduation apply for CAT?
- Answer - The eligibility criteria for CAT is the degree, however, final year students of various undergraduate degrees may also write the exam.
Question - Can I edit or make changes in CAT 2021 form after making the payment?
- Answer - After paying the CAT application fee, no changes can be made in CAT application form 2021. Although, the correction window will be opened wherein the candidates can edit their photograph and signature only (if necessary).
Question - I am a graduate. Do I need to enter the overall percentage of total marks as per my university standards?
- Answer - According to last year's CAT eligibility criteria, candidates have to submit the percentage as per their university norms.
Question - I am pursuing my final year of graduation. Am I eligible to appear for CAT 2021?
- Answer - You need to provide the aggregate percentage of the last marks statements received by the university.
Question - What is the fee for the CAT exam form?
- Answer - Candidates belonging to the General and NC-OBC category candidates have to pay Rs 2200. Those belonging to the reserved category (SC/ ST/ PWD) need to pay Rs 1100.
Question - I am not pursuing a Bachelor's degree or any other professional qualification degree. Am I eligible to appear for CAT 2021?
- Answer - If you are not pursuing any bachelor’s degree or have not completed any professional degree then you are not eligible to appear for CAT 2021.
Question - How can I pay the CAT registration fee?
- Answer - Candidates can pay the CAT registration fee while CAT registration. Payment of application fees can be done via online payment gateways. Candidates will have to use a valid credit or debit card to pay the fee or net banking facility.
Question - Can I use a coaching institute or friend’s email ID while registering for CAT?
- Answer - No, candidates need to provide a valid email address of their own. All further communication from IIMs will be communicated to this registered email Id only.
Question - I have made some mistakes while entering/ registering the details in my CAT 2021 application. What should I do now?
- Answer - One cannot edit certain personal details like name, DOB, email ID, mobile number, etc. If anyone has made such a mistake then they have to register again with a new email ID. Your latest CAT 2021 application form will be considered for the registration and the admit card will be issued for the same. Candidates will not receive any refund and admit card for their earlier registration.
Write to us at email@example.com