Press Trust of India|Jan 12, 2022
IIT Jammu invites applications for admission to PhD programmes for January session
IIT Jammu admission: Candidates can apply till November 15 by registering and filling the application online at iitjammu.ac.in for admission to PhD programmes.
NEW DELHI: Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Jammu has invited applications for admission to PhD programmes for the January session 2021-22. Interested candidates can apply till November 15 by registering and filling the application online on the official website, iitjammu.ac.in, for admission to PhD programmes.
IIT Jammu will classify the applicants for admission to the PhD under any one of the four categories -Institute Research student/ candidate (Full Time), full-time externally funded students (UGC, CSIR, GPAT, SERB, DST etc.), off campus Research student/candidate and institute staff.
IIT Jammu has invited applications for PhD admission for 11 programmes
- Bio Sciences and Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Materials Engineering
IIT Jammu admission 2021-22: Eligibility
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for admission to full time PhD programme at the Institute.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/ Technology along with a good academic record. Or
- Master’s degree in Science (with a good academic record) and a valid GATE score/UGC/CSIR-JRF/GPAT/ NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. Exemption under schemes as agreed by the IIT Council for students of NITs/IITs/IIITs/IISERs/IISc may be acceptable. Or
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptional academic record and a valid GATE score in the eligible discipline.
IIT Jammu admission 2021-22: Application fee
Application fee for the General/Gen-EWS/OBC category is Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates. They must note that the application fee is non-refundable. The candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities.
Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank. The fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on October 24 inaugurated a new campus at IIT Jammu. The new campus, built at the cost of Rs 210 crore will have the facilities like hostel, gymnasium, indoor games, along with higher education for the students.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.