Kota: NEET aspirant hospitalised after consuming overdose of tablets by 'mistake'

The students, who have been taking NEET coaching for two years, told the Rajasthan police that he was not attempting suicide.

Kota: NEET aspirant hospitalised after consuming overdose of tablets by 'mistake' The victim's friend claimed he was suffering from depression. (Image: Freepik)
Press Trust of India | Aug 23, 2023 - 9:49 p.m. IST
Share Via

KOTA: A 23-year-old NEET aspirant was hospitalised after he allegedly consumed 15 tablets meant for reducing fever. The students has denied attempting suicide, the police said.

Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) KS Rathore said Gulshan Rajput from Bihar's Khagaria district told the police that he was suffering from fever and had consumed overdose of tablets, meant for fever, "by mistake".

Also Read | Rajasthan government sets up committee to address issues on Kota student suicides

The DSP said the student denied attempting suicide or being in depression, adding the investigation in the matter was underway. Gulshan's friend Sarvesh, also a coaching student from Bihar, claimed that he was depressed for the last few days after he had repeatedly scored low marks in routine tests at the coaching institute.

Gulshan was rushed to MBS Hospital when his health condition deteriorated. He has been preparing for NEET in a coaching institute for over two years and living in the Kunhadi area. The student allegedly consumed around 20 Dolo 625 tablets and was brought to the hospital late Tuesday evening, said a medical staff member. He said doctors stated that his condition was out of danger.

Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..

To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.

Back to top