NEET 2019 admit card re-issued for Odisha, Karnataka and Siliguri candidates; exam to be held on May 20
NEET Online Preparation
Crack NEET 2020 with NEET Knockout Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK
New Delhi, May 15: NTA has re-issued the admit card of NEET 2019 on May 15 for candidates who couldn't appear in the exam on May 5 owing to various unavoidable circumstances. The admit card is available in online mode and can be downloaded by entering one’s application number, date of birth, and security pin. Interestingly, the new admit cards bears the same exam centres as candidates have been allotted earlier. NEET 2019 for the affected candidates will be conducted on May 20.
The list of affected candidates include candidates from the state of Odisha, which was hit by Cyclone Fani, following which exam was cancelled in all the exam centres. In Siliguri, 155 candidates couldn’t appear in the exam as it had a shortage of question papers in Hindi. Meanwhile, 365 candidates in the state of Karnataka also couldn’t appear in the exam, as the train they were travelling in couldn’t reach the destination on time.
Steps to download NEET 2019 admit card
- Go to the official website - ntaneet.nic.in
- This will redirect the candidate to a login page
- Login by entering application number, dob, and security code
- The admit card will be displayed on screen
- Check the details mentioned in the admit card are correct and legible
- Download and take a printout.
Details mentioned on NEET admit card
The admit card carries important details like the name of the candidate, roll number, exam date and time, venue details, apart from exam day guidelines. It must be noted that candidates have been allotted the same exam centre as they have been allotted before.
What if there is any discrepancy in NEET admit card
If the name of the candidate is incorrectly spelled, or exam date is missing, or the information is not legible, the candidate needs to get in touch with the admission officials for resolution of the matter.
Documents to carry alongside the admit card on exam day?
In addition to the NEET admit card, candidates also needs to bring with the following documents to the exam centre:
One passport-size photograph, which should be the same as the one uploaded at the time of filling the application form
A valid photo ID proof, which can be any of the following:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Ration card, etc.
Things to keep in mind on exam day:
- Apart from the admit card, also bring one passport-size photograph and valid photo id proof.
- Don’t carry barred items like pen, pencil, rough sheet etc.
- Also on the barred items list are items like electronic gadgets, ornaments (including headgear, clips, headband, etc) and written material
- Any candidate found adopting unfair means in the exam will be disqualified and action may also be taken against such candidates.
- It is recommended that candidates report on time to account for frisking and other pre-exam activities.
- The admit card shouldn’t be damaged or lost even after the completion of the exam, as it will be required for subsequent admission process, including during counselling and seat allotment.
Freshly issued NEET 2019 admit card creates some confusion
A student has claimed that the admit card shows the exam time as 2-5 pm, whereas in an official notification released early, NTA officials informed the exam will be conducted from 10 am-1 pm. It is to be seen if the timing has been actually changed, or it is wrongly reflected in the admit card of the candidate.
Here is the latest official notification from NTA which states the exam will be conducted from 10 am-1 pm: