Palghar school watchman held for 'sexually abusing' two minor boys
Press Trust of India | July 28, 2025 | 09:47 AM IST | 1 min read
Two students, aged 17 and 15, from a school in Virar were allegedly assaulted in the school canteen. The accused was arrested on Saturday evening, according to Arnala police.
NEW DELHI: Police have arrested a 53-year-old security guard of a private school in Maharashtra's Palghar district for allegedly sexually abusing two male students, officials said. The alleged incidents occurred between June 15 and 20, the officials said on Sunday. The victims, aged 17 and 15, are students of the same school located in Virar area.
"The alleged incidents occurred in the canteen of the school," the Arnala police stated. The accused was arrested on Saturday evening, the police said. "After receiving a complaint from the school's manager, we registered an FIR against the watchman, Raymond Wilson Dias, under section 75 (sexual harassment) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) and sections 5, 8 and 12 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act," the Arnala police station official said.
Also read Odisha school teacher held for 'molesting' girl students
Section 5 of the POCSO Act pertains to penetrative sexual assault. In August 2024, a male sweeper at a school in Badlapur in neighbouring Thane district allegedly sexually abused two four-year-old girls, causing a huge outrage and massive protests. The accused was killed in September last year in the 'retaliatory firing' by police after he allegedly snatched the gun from a policeman in a police vehicle.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]AAP slams BJP over 'non-functional' labs claim in schools, alleges 'ploy' aimed at new purchases
At a Delhi press conference, Bharadwaj called the claims about school labs false and politically driven. AAP MLA Kuldeep Kumar countered by sharing a video of students using working computers at a New Kondli school.
Press Trust of India | 1 min readFeatured News
]- Anna University engineering colleges sack over 300 temp teachers; defiance of court orders, says association
- CBSE Board Exams 2026: NHRC says withholding admit cards over fee dispute ‘illegal’, violates RTE Act
- Delhi University: After clash over UGC Equity Regulations 2026, DU bans protests, gathering for a month
- Bihar plans to start BA, BSc degree colleges in schools; teachers flag space, staff crunch
- Maharashtra eases university teacher recruitment norms; academic weightage cut to 60% from 75%
- UP Budget 2026-27: Vocational education funds up 88%; 14 new medical colleges; school outlay highest
- 3 yrs after UGC guidelines, 80% central universities yet to appoint professors of practice, private ones lead
- NMC approves record 20,098 new MBBS, PG medical seats, 777 after initial rejection
- 2 years into paramedical courses, students find themselves in vocational training; 300 protest in North Bengal
- Vidya Pravesh: 4.2 crore students across 8.9 lakh schools covered, but numbers now falling consistently