Press Trust of India|Oct 26, 2021
- President finalises appointment of 12 vice chancellors to central universities
President finalises appointment of 12 vice chancellors to central universities
President Ram Nath Kovind finalised the appointment of vice chancellors to 12 central universities on Thursday.
NEW DELHI: President Ram Nath Kovind has finalised the names for appointment of Vice Chancellors in 12 central universities. The President is the Visitor for all Central Universities. Even with these appointments, there will still remain 10 vacancies in the top positions. The education minister Dharmendra Pradhan told Parliament that there are 22 vacant VC posts, including these 12.
The 12 names finalised by the Visitor as appointment vice chancellors are:
1. Central University of Haryana : Prof. (Dr.) Tankeshwar Kumar
2. Central University of Himachal Pradesh : Prof. Sat Prakash Bansal
3. Central University of Jammu : Dr. Sanjeev Jain
4. Central University of Jharkhand : Prof. Kshiti Bhusan Das
5. Central University of Karnataka : Prof. Battu Satyanarayana
6. Central University of Tamil Nadu : Prof. Muthukalingan Krishnan
7. Central University of Hyderabad : Dr. Basuthkar J Rao
8. Central University of South Bihar : Prof. Kameshwar Nath Singh
9. North Eastern Hill University : Prof. Prabha Shankar Shukla
10. Guru Ghashidas University : Dr. Alok Kumar Chakrawal
11. Maulana Azad National Urdu University : Prof. Syed Ainul Hasan
12. Manipur University : Prof. N. Lokendra Singh
"A total of 22 posts of vice chancellors (VCs) in central universities, under this ministry, are vacant, out of which appointments to 12 posts have already been finalised by the Visitor. The incidence and filling up of vacancies of VCs in universities is a continuous process," said Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan in a written reply.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.