Rajasthan govt sacks state school board chairman in REET 2021 paper leak case
Press Trust of India | January 29, 2022 | 03:35 PM IST | 2 mins read
REET 2021 Exam Latest News: The action came after a high-level meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot
JAIPUR: The Ashok Gehlot government on Saturday sacked the chairman of Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer, D P Jaroli, in connection with the paper leak during the teachers' recruitment exam, Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers (REET) in September. The suspension order of the Board secretary Arvind Kumar Sengwa, an RAS officer, was also issued by the department of personnel.
Latest: REET Sample Papers
Don't Miss: Month-wise Current Affairs | Upcoming Government Exams
The development came after a high-level meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday night. Irregularities occurred in the conduct of REET 2021 in September leading to protests. The opposition BJP has been demanding a CBI inquiry in the matter. Gehlot in the meeting on Friday night also decided to constitute a committee headed by a retired judge of the high court to give suggestions for ensuring that papers leak incidents do not take place and exams are conducted in a fair manner, official sources said.
Also read | UPTET 2021: Yogi Adityanath says won't tolerate another paper leak, Covid-positive candidates can appear
Education minister BD Kalla, minister of state for home Rajendra Singh Yadav and senior officers were present in the meeting. The special operation group (SOG) has arrested several persons in the case. It recently arrested Ramkripal Meena and Udaram Vishnoi.
Meena was employed by the district coordinator for the purpose of security of papers at Shiksha Sankul in Jaipur. Shiksha Sankul is a building where the offices of the education department are located. Meena allegedly stole the paper from Shiksha Sankul and gave it to Udaram Vishnoi who is accused of circulating the paper. After it was confirmed that the paper was leaked from Shiksha Sankul, the role of the board chairman, secretary, and other officers came under the scanner.
Also read | REET 2022 exam on May 14, 15 for 20,000 new vacancies: CM Ashok Gehlot
When the irregularities in the conduct of exams had emerged in September, the state government had suspended one RAS and two RPS officers, 13 personnel of the education department, and three other policemen.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report