TIET to offer all B.Tech seats for 2020-21 through class 12 merit

TIET to offer all B.Tech seats for 2020-21 through class 12 merit Source: thapar.edu
Team Careers360 | Jul 13, 2020 - 5:29 p.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI: The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (Deemed University) Patiala, will offer admission in all the B.Tech seats through class 12 merit for the academic session 2020-21. The institute has revised its admission criteria for admission this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Students having a minimum 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and one optional subject among chemistry/biology/biotechnology or any technical vocational subjects can apply for admission. Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST) need to have 65% marks.

Interested candidates can apply for admission to the institution online. The application forms are available up to July 31.

The institute will release the first list of selected candidates on August 5 followed by the second list on August 14 and third list on August 24. There will also be a final round of counselling for vacant seats after the three rounds.Candidates having a valid score in JEE Main will be given preference at the time of admission.

As per the earlier listed criteria of admission, admission in B.Tech course in 70% seats was through JEE Main score and remaining 30% seats were filled through class 12 merit. For more details on admission process and schedule, candidates can visit the official port of the institute.


Also read,
Latest engineering admission 2020 live updates

Write to us at news@careers360.com

Back to top