Tanuja Joshi|Sep 24, 2023
AP ICET results 2023 soon; know normalisation process, tie-breaking policy
AP ICET 2023 result link will be hosted at cets.apsche.gov.in. Know how marks of candidates are normalised and tie-breaking process.
NEW DELHI: The Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET) result 2023 will be declared soon. Candidates who appeared for the exam will be able to check their results on the official website – cets.apsche.ap.gov.in. Candidates will have to enter their registration and hall ticket number. Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu conducted AP ICET 2023 on May 24 and 25 for admission to MBA programmes in the participating colleges. AP ICET results 2023 live updates.
AP ICET answer key 2023 was released on May 26 and candidates were able to raise objections against the provisional key till May 28.
As the exam was conducted in two sessions, the examination authority will be using a normalization process to cancel out the difference in difficulty level of the different question papers in different sessions.
The normalisation process used in AP ICET 2023 is:
- SMS: (Average + Standard Deviation) of the session in which the candidate belongs to
- GMS: (Average + Standard Deviation) of all the candidates across all sessions together
- Top Average Session: Average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the session in which the candidate belongs to
- Top Average Global: Average marks of the top 0.1% of all the candidates across all sessions together
“For the candidates for whom there is no qualifying cut off in AP ICET-2023, if the marks in AP ICET-2023 go below zero (negative) after normalization, the total marks will be treated as zero and the ranks are assigned based on those marks. If tie persists, then AP ICET-2023 normalization marks will be considered for breaking the tie,” the information bulletin read.
AP ICET 2023: Tie-breaking policy
- By considering the marks scored in section-A
- If the tie persists, marks obtained by a student in section-B will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie persists, it will be resolved by taking the age of the candidate into account and giving the older candidate priority.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.