Team Careers360|Sep 23, 2022
IGNOU BEd Admission 2022: Know eligibility criteria, last date to apply
IGNOU BEd entrance exam 2022 will be conducted on Sunday, May 8, 2022 for a duration of two hours. Candidates can apply at ignou.ac.in.
NEW DELHI: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited applications from candidates to its BEd programme for the January 2022 batch through an entrance test which will be conducted on Sunday, May 8, 2022 for two hours. Candidates can apply for the IGNOU BEd programmes online at ignou.ac.in from. The last date to register online for the IGNOU course is April 17.
IGNOU BEd admission 2022 eligibility criteria
Those who intend to enrol for the IGNOU BEd programme are required to meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50 percent marks in bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in any of the subjects: Sciences, social sciences, commerce, or humanities.
- Those who have scored above 55 percent in bachelor’s in engineering or technology with specialization in science and mathematics or any other qualifications equivalent to it are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit to applying for the IGNOU BEd course.
Candidates who meet the following criteria are also eligible to enrol for the IGNOU BEd (ODL) programme:
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
According to IGNOU, candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC) (non-creamy layer) communities, and Persons With Disabilities (PWD) and candidates who belong to Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category will get a marks relaxation of 5 percent in minimum eligibility. However, reservations will be provided to Kashmiri migrants and war widow candidates according to university rules.
Candidates are required to pay Rs 1000 as an application fee in order to apply for the IGNOU BEd programme.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.