Anu Parthiban|Dec 6, 2021
IIT Kanpur: Five points on revised BTech curriculum
IIT Kanpur will give direct admission to students participating in globally recognized olympiads.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur has revised its BTech curriculum while introducing new honours and inter-departmental degree courses along with other options.
The institute has also announced that it will offer direct admission to students who take part in internationally acclaimed olympiads based on their performance, and a JEE Advanced score is not needed.
Know what all has changed in the new engineering curriculum of IIT Kanpur.
IIT Kanpur: 5 points on revamped engineering curriculum
- Under the new curriculum, IIT Kanpur is providing new degree options such as honours degree and inter-departmental degree programmes.
- The new curriculum will also extend the scope of education to include Social-Sciences, Communication, Humanities, Economics, Management, and Environment (SCHEME).
- The programme will enable counting of designated online courses done by students on MOOC platforms to be counted for credits. Academic credits for approved entrepreneurial activities and learning done in the industry set up.
- New opportunities for student exchange across institutions for the Masters part of the Bachelors-Masters dual degree programme.
- Exit option degree for those students who want to leave the programme in the middle.
Also, the core courses will be restructured to give greater flexibility to the core curriculum.
IIT Kanpur already offers one of the most flexible academic programmes with options of Double Major, Minor and Dual Degree with option of Masters degree in different departments, a statement from IIT Kanpur said.
Abhay Karandikar, Director, IIT Kanpur said: “...The revamping of the existing curriculum, introduction of courses relevant to today’s changing world and the revised grading system is in continuation of our steps in this direction and in line with the recommendations of the National Education Policy (2020) of the Government."
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.