Divyansh|Sep 4, 2023
In a first, IIT Jodhpur launches MDes in XR design
IIT Jodhpur admissions 2023: Students can apply for self-sponsored seats by May 14 and for institute-sponsored seats by May 21 at iitj.ac.in.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur has launched Masters in Design (MDes) in XR Design programme starting from the academic year 2023-24. Interested and eligible students can apply for the programme on the official website of the institute – iitj.ac.in. The last date to apply for self-sponsored seats is May 14 and the deadline to apply for institute-sponsored seats in the programme is May 21. Classes will begin in July.
The XR Design programme is open to students from different backgrounds including graphic design, architecture, and engineering. The programme focuses on teaching students how to design immersive experiences that include virtual, augmented, and mixed-reality elements, for a variety of applications such as training in healthcare and retail, automotive simulations, digital twins in manufacturing, remote collaboration in workplaces as well as gaming and entertainment.
The eligibility criteria for MDes in XR Design is as follows:
- Valid CEED 2023 score
- Passing grade in the qualifying degree
- Bachelor’s degree in design or engineering or architecture or interior design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four-year Bachelor’s course). Note: BPlan considered equivalent to BArch. Four-year BSc (Engg) course after HSC is considered equivalent to BE or BTech.
- Professional diploma in design: 10+2+4 years (minimum four-year diploma programme).
- BFA (4 Year professional programme with entry after 10+2).
- GD Art (4-year programme after 1-year foundation. Minimum entry requirement 10th pass) Additionally, one year of professional experience in design areas is required.
- Master’s degree in arts, science (3+2 years programme with entry after 10+2).
- Master’s degree in computer application (3 years or 2 years in case of lateral entry to the second year after the BCA programme with entry after 10+2+3 years for graduation).
- Or an equivalent degree as decided by IIT Jodhpur
Professor Santanu Chaudhury, Director, IIT Jodhpur said, "XR Design is a response to the growing demand for designers who can create immersive experiences that go beyond the limitations of traditional modes.” "The program will equip graduates with the skills they need to create meaningful and engaging experiences that will change how we interact online," he added.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.