JEE Advanced 2020: Around 98% candidates allocated one of top three exam city choices

JEE Advanced 2020: Around 98% candidates allocated one of top three exam city choices Source: Shutterstock
Team Careers360 | Sep 24, 2020 - 7:44 p.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has released a press statement with the information related to the registration and allotment of exam centres for JEE Advanced. According to the authorities, 1,55,511 successfully registered candidates i.e., 97.94% have been allocated one of the top three exam city choices they have selected during the registration process. The remaining 2.06% candidates have also been allotted JEE Advanced exam cities, which are under the eight choices that they have made. PwD candidates, irrespective of whether they have paid the fees or not, have been allocated their first choice of preferred exam city.

Recommended: Check your admission chances in IITs/ISM with specialization preferences JEE Advanced College Predictor

Latest: Know your Admission Chances in NITs/IIITs with JEE Main College Predictor. Click Here 

Exam cities allocated to unpaid registered candidates

As per the press release, there are 5320 candidates who have not paid their fees and they may or may not be allowed to attempt JEE Advanced. However, out of these 5320 candidates, over 62% have also been allocated one of the top three examination city choices.

Out of the total 1,60,831 registered candidates, only 991 candidates have been allocated centers out of their preferred eight choices. These candidates are the ones who have not deposited the fee at the time of the registration and are assumed will not take part in the examination.

One of the reasons why some candidates have been allocated exam cities beyond their top three choices is due to shortage of nodes in some regions. However, most of the candidates have been given one of their top three preferences.

Process of exam city allocation

To make the JEE Advanced exam city allocation process fair, the authorities have used an advanced algorithm, to achieve the most efficient and random distribution. This year, due to COVID-19, the number of exam cities has been increased to 222 and the total number of examination centers will be around 1000.

JEE Advanced 2020 will be conducted on September 27th IIT Delhi. Total 1,60,831 candidates have registered for the examination after qualifying JEE Main 2020. IIT Delhi Alumni Association has informed that the transportation facility via Eduride portal will be available for the JEE Advanced candidates also.

Also Read: JEE Advanced 2020: Over 1.6 lakh students registered for the exam

Write to us at news@careers360.com

Know More About
Download Exam Brochure
Back to top