Education officer to protest Maharashtra school’s negligence in implementing govt initiatives
Vagisha Kaushik | October 8, 2025 | 10:48 AM IST | 1 min read
ZP Hingoli DEO announces hunger strike on October 11 against school’s unsatisfactory progress in NIPUN Maharashtra, student safety committee.
In an unprecedented move, the district education officer (primary) of Zilla Parishad Hingoli has announced that he will go on a hunger strike against the alleged negligence of a school in implementing several key initiatives of the Maharashtra government.
In a letter to the Zilla Parishad Primary School, Antulenagar, DEO Prashant Digrasakar said that he will protest in front of the school on October 11 over its unsatisfactory progress in the NIPUN Maharashtra programme and other initiatives. The officer issued a formal notice to the school’s headmaster flagging some irregularities.
As per the notice, the school’s progress under the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN) initiative for the academic year 2025-26 has been found unsatisfactory. Additionally, the institution has failed to submit information or show activity under schemes such as Ek Ped Maa Ke Naam, SHVR student safety committee.
“It is hereby informed that your progress in the "Nipun Maharashtra" program being implemented by the Maharashtra government and the education department in the academic year 2025-26 is unsatisfactory. You have kept the information incomplete and have not filled out or submitted any information through the link for initiatives such as "Ek Paid Maa Ke Naam," "SHVR Student Safety Committee," and others. While these initiatives are being implemented in the district, they do not appear to be implemented in your school,” the DEO said.
Also read Bihar: Online attendance via e-Shikshakosh a ‘burden on teachers’ but has curbed absenteeism
Taking personal responsibility to highlight the issue, he declared that he would go on fasting to make the headmaster aware of the laxity. “To make you aware of this negligence, I, Mr Prashant Digraskar, Education Officer, Zilla Parishad Hingoli, am sitting on a hunger strike in front of your school on October 11,” he added.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Jamia Millia Islamia student’s project can help Delhi’s unauthorised colonies ride out a heat wave
- Jadavpur University pro-VC: Faculty, new curriculum keep its BTech ‘globally relevant’ despite fund crunch
- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director