Anu Parthiban|Dec 1, 2023
NEET UG 2023: Manipur candidates exam postponed; new exam date soon
In view of the violence in Manipur, NTA has postponed the NEET UG 2023 exam for over 5,500 candidates that were to appear for the exam in Manipur.
NEW DELHI: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has postponed the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test( NEET UG) 2023 exam for Manipur candidates. In view of the violent riots in the state, the minister of state for education, Rajkumar Ranjan Singh requested NTA to postpone the exam for the safety of the students.
Live Updates | NEET UG 2023 exam, analysis
Suggested: IELTS & TOEFL Vocabulary Guide PDF
A total of 5,751 students were set to appear for the NEET UG 2023 exam in Manipur tomorrow, May 7, 2023. "On the request of the State Government of Manipur and in the wake of the law and order situation, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test [NEET (UG)] – 2023, which was scheduled to be held on 07 May 2023 (Sunday), has been postponed only for the candidates who has examination Centre in Manipur state until further notice. The fresh date for these candidates will be announced soon," read an official notice.
NEET UG 2023 Dress Code
As for candidates from the other states, the NEET UG 2023 exam will be held as per schedule tomorrow. For appearing students, the NEET UG 2023 dress code is as follows-
NEET UG 2023 female dress code
- Half-sleeved tops or clothes are allowed.
- Light clothes with long sleeves are not allowed.
- Fashionable clothes will not be permitted at the exam centre.
- Leggings are not allowed in NEET UG 2023.
- Low heel footwear, sandals, or chappals are allowed. Shoes are not allowed.
- Female NEET candidates should avoid wearing ornaments like earrings, nose rings, pendants, necklace bracelets, and anklets.
NEET UG 2023 dress code for male candidates
- Half sleeves shirts or t-shirts are allowed.
- Trousers and simple pants are allowed.
- No kurta pyjamas are allowed.
- Only sandals and chappals are allowed in the NEET exam hall.
- Shoes are strictly prohibited.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.