Press Trust of India|Nov 28, 2023
NEET UG Counselling 2023: MCC allows upgradation in round 3; issues instructions
MCC NEET UG 2023 Counselling: MCC asked round 1, 2 candidates to fill choices in round 3 for upgradation.
NEW DELHI: The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has allowed candidates to upgrade from round 2 to round 3 of the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) UG counselling 2023 and issued instructions for candidates.
Suggested: IELTS & TOEFL Vocabulary Guide PDF
“As approved by the competent authority, Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of DGHS has provided benefit of Upgradation from Round-2 to Round-3 of UG Counselling for the academic year 2023,” MCC said in an official notice.
MCC issued the following instructions for candidates:
- Round 1 candidates who did not get upgraded in round 2 and want to participate in round 3 will have to fill choices for upgradation since their willingness will be taken as ‘yes’ automatically.
- Freshly allotted candidates of round 2 may fill choices for upgradation in round-3 by giving willingness as ‘yes’ at the time of reporting for round-2 seat at the allotted college
- Round 1 and round 2 candidates who are satisfied with their allotted seats and do not want to get upgraded in round 3 may not fill fresh choices in round 3.
- However, round 1 or round 2 candidates will have to remain in the system and should be holding their seat to fill choices in round 3. If a candidate has resigned the round 1 or round 2 seat, he or she will have to pay full fee again to participate in round 3.
- Any round 2 candidate who wants to resign may exit with forfeiture before the choice-filling of round-3 starts. There will be no option of resignation after the start of choice filling of round-3.
- If a candidate does not join the allotted seat of Round-2/ Round-3 there will be ‘Exit with Forfeiture’.
- Candidates who have exited with forfeiture in round-3 will not be able to participate in stray vacancy rounds and any further rounds. Hence, ‘Exit with Forfeiture’ candidates of round-3 will be eliminated from counselling.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.