Shivam Jadoun|Nov 30, 2021
- UGC signs MoU with Canara Bank for migration of fellowship data
UGC signs MoU with Canara Bank for migration of fellowship data
NEW DELHI, MAY 18: The University Grants Commission (UGC) and Canara Bank have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for migration of data related to Scholarships and Fellowships Awards from the banks to the academic institutions. With this, the students will now need to approach their respective academic institutions– University/College/Institute for any online updation of the master data. The MoU has been signed with an objective to transfer of accountability from banks to institutions. Pursuant to this, the Canara Bank branches will be accepting certificates from students or the scholars till May 31, 2018.
The Universities will need a Login id and Password for accessing the UGC-Canara Bank web portal for updating the master data related to fellowships and scholarships.
Post 31st May, the students and scholars will have to approach their respective institutions for the master data update which is required for release of grants/payments including fellowship continuation certificate, fellowship upgrade, discontinuation of scholarship or fellowship, change of institution and termination of fellowship.
University to link fellowship/scholarship data
- The concerned University will link the scholar or the student with the master data, which will be a one-time activity.
- The linking can be done through the candidate User Id details.
- The University will also need to link the candidate details with the scheme.
- The concerned University will also provide the monthly applicable HRA and contingency amount through the online portal for each student.
- The account numbers and IFSC codes of the fresh scholars and students need to be generated by the University, post 31st May.
- However, the account number and IFSC Code remains the same for the existing scholars and students who had been drawing their scholarship or fellowship through Canara Bank.
Note – The Universities who have not yet been provided with the login id and password require nominate a Nodal officer and send an email at email@example.com.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.