Piyush Chaudhary|Sep 29, 2022
Woxsen University establishes 41 chair professorships to honour education experts
Woxsen University introduced the chair professorships with the aim to facilitate cooperation with reputed universities around the world for collaborative research programmes.
NEW DELHI: Woxsen University has established about 41 chair professorships to honour the contributions of reputed education experts. It is a recognition of their contributions to research, teaching and advancement of the university.
"It is one of the highest honours awarded in the academic domain at Woxsen, reserved for the faculty who have demonstrated a sustained high level of scholarly accomplishment in their respective field of study," said a statement from Woxsen University. The university introduced the chair professorships with the aim to facilitate cooperation with reputed universities around the world for collaborative research programmes.
According to Woxsen University, the chairholders have been selected based on their core areas of specialization and contributions. The university also said that it expects them to continue providing scholarly insights to the holder’s department, profession and society at large. Woxsen university further said that the title will serve as a tribute to the international personalities they are named after, and improve the quality of educational opportunities for students and faculty.
Woxsen University: Chair professorships
Woxsen University chair professorships are given below.
- Carlos Scheel-Mayerbenger, EGADE Business School, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Jean-Luc Boulnois, Babson College
- Ingmar Nolte, Lancaster University
- Cary Cooper, University of Manchester
- Margaret Bishop, Parsons School of Design
- Dominique Turpin, IMD Switzerland
- Zita Paprika, Corvinus University
- JC Hauguel, ISC Paris
- David J Reibstein, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- James Stoner, Fordham University, Gabelli School of Business
- Hamid Bouchikhi, ESSEC Business School
- Prasad Padmanabhan, St Mary's University
- Len Jessup, Claremont Graduate University
- Steven Pinker, Harvard University
- Dinesh Bhatia, UT Dallas, USA
- Sanjay Bhowmick, Northumbria University, UK
- Thami Ghorfi, ESCA Morocco
- Amitava Chattopadhay, INSEAD
- Hirshleifer, David, USC Marshall
- Gunther Friedl, TUM, Germany
- Ben Shenglin, Zhejiang University
- Mohanbir S Sawhney, Kellogg School of Management
- Bjorn Espen Eckbo, Tuck School of Business, Darmouth College
- Vijay Govindarajan, Tuck School of Business, Darmouth College
- Ramon O' Callaghan, Porto Business School
- Anuj Mehrotra, George Washington University School of Business
- Sherif Kamel, American University in Cairo
- Valarie Zeithaml, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
The chair professorships are also accompanied by responsibilities. Chairholders are expected to maintain productivity in research and execute high-impact research agenda, foster collaborations for multi-investor programmes and multi-disciplinary laboratories, and develop innovative educational programmes and curricula. Other responsibilities include effective teaching, leadership in their field, and mentorship.
Disclaimer: This content was distributed by Woxsen University and has been published as part of Careers360’s marketing initiative.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.