AEEE 2019 - Six changes to know while applying

AEEE 2019 - Six changes to know while applying
Saumya Vishnoi | Oct 22, 2018 - 6:01 p.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI, OCTOBER 22: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Deemed to be University) has started the application process for AEEE 2019 from October 19. Candidates can either fill the application form online or obtain it from the university counters namely through Amritapuri, Bangalore & Coimbatore campus. While sticking to the deadline for completing the application procedure, the aspirants should keep in mind few changes implemented this year. From accepting the JEE Main scores to changes in the exam centres, certain changes should be taken into consideration while applying for the admissions at the deemed to be University.

Recommended: Attempt AEEE Free Mock test & Boost your preparation. Click Here

Six Changes to keep in mind while applying:

  1. Amrita to offer admission on the basis of JEE Main 2019 performance- This is for the first time that Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham will also accept JEE Main 2019 rank for admissions. Candidates applying through JEE Main will be exempted from appearing in AEEE 2019 as the scores and rank obtained by them in JEE Main will be considered for admissions.

  2. Fees for both the modes of admission differs- Candidates can apply either through AEEE mode or JEE Main mode or both the modes. It must be noted that the application fee for both the modes is different. An amount of Rs 1000 has to be paid for AEEE mode and Rs 300 for JEE Main mode. Candidates wishing to apply through both the modes are required to pay Rs 1000 as application fee.

  3. Seat Intake based on the mode of admission- As the admissions will be done on the basis of the two modes: AEEE and JEE Main, a specific percentage of seats have been fixed by the authorities. As per the information brochure, 70% seats will be filled through AEEE and the rest 30% will be filled on the basis of JEE Main 2019.

  4. JEE Main scores can be entered from February- The candidates applying through JEE Main 2019 can enter the details as mentioned in their scorecard. The details can be entered from February. The admissions for such candidates will be based on the rank scored by them in JEE Main (one of the sessions).

  5. Pen and paper test is scheduled only in Tamil Nadu- The pen and paper test mode of AEEE 2019 is scheduled to be conducted only in Tamil Nadu. However, last year it was conducted in Kerala and Karnataka as well.

  6. Changes in the exam centres- The exam will be conducted in 102 exam cities. There are 102 exam centres for Computer Based Test (CBT) out of which 15 exam centres in Tamil Nadu will have both CBT and pen and paper test. Last year, the pen and paper test was conducted in 39 and CBT in 84 exam centres.


Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..

To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.

Know More About
Download Exam Brochure
Back to top