Ruchika Kumari | May 24, 2026 | 12:42 PM IST | 2 mins read
CBSE says post-result phase can be emotionally stressful for students, assures support during verification and re-evaluation process
Download this ebook to explore 50+ entrance exams after Class 12 for admission into top undergraduate colleges across engineering, management, law & more.
Download Now
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued fresh clarifications regarding concerns raised by Class 12 students and parents over the post-result process. The board has addressed issues related to scanned copies of answer sheets, incorrect fee deductions, portal glitches and evaluation-related doubts.
In its latest notice issued on May 24, 2026, CBSE said technical issues on May 21 and 22 led to incorrect fee deductions while students were applying for scanned copies of answer books. Some students were charged excess amounts, while in certain cases lesser amounts were deducted. Through notice, the board clarified that in all cases of excess payment, the exact excess amounts shall be refunded to the same payment method which was used for payment. CBSE further stated that students who paid lower amounts would be informed separately regarding payment of the balance amount, if required.
Also read CBSE Class 12 re-evaluation from May 26
CBSE has assured students that scanned copies of evaluated answer books would be provided in all affected cases and candidates do not have to submit fresh applications for the same. “Scanned copies of the evaluated answer books shall be provided in all such cases, without candidates being required to submit fresh requests,” the notice said.
The clarification comes amid widespread complaints from students regarding failed transactions, portal accessibility issues and delays in receiving scanned answer sheets after release of Class 12 results. Earlier, CBSE had released a detailed advisory addressed to students and parents regarding the ongoing post-result process.
“The declaration of Board examination results is an important and often emotionally charged time for families.The Board remains fully committed to protecting the academic interests of every student,” it reads.
More than 98.6 lakh answer sheets were evaluated this year under the On-Screen Marking (OSM) system. Following the process, the panel of subject matters review the answer scripts flagged to ensure fairness and accuracy in evaluation.
The board admitted that the response to the scanned copy facility had been exceptionally high this year, leading to heavy traffic on the online portal within a short period. “The response to the facility has been extremely large, with a very high number of students applying within a short span of time,” the advisory noted.
Also read SC to hear PIL against CBSE’s three language policy for Class 9 this week
Since scanned answer books are generated digitally and released online, the board said the portal experienced disruptions during peak hours. CBSE also acknowledged receiving complaints regarding portal access failures, delayed payment confirmations, blurred or missing pages in scanned copies and doubts regarding unmarked or incorrectly marked answers.
“These concerns have reflected both technical capacity challenges and student apprehensions arising during the post-result process,” the board stated. To address the situation, CBSE earlier extended application timelines.
CBSE also assured students that no child would be placed at a disadvantage because of technical difficulties or process-related delays. “We wish to reassure every parent and student that no child will be placed at a disadvantage because of technical difficulties or process-related issues,” the board said.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.